BCom admission 2021 has started for several colleges and universities for the academic session of 2021 – 2024. BCom admissions are based on the minimum qualification based on marks scored by a candidate in 10+2. However, there is no central examination for this course but some universities and colleges admit students to the course based on their marks in university-level entrance exams like IPU CET, BHU, etc.
Most Universities like Delhi University will provide BCom Admission 2021 based on the marks scored by the students in their 10+2 boards. Several colleges in Uttar Pradesh offer BCom Admission on the basis of merit. The registration process for BCom Colleges in UP and Gujarat began by the end of July 2021. The last date to register for Telangana BCom Admission 2021 is July 28, 2021. Admissions to BCom courses in Delhi University has commenced from August 2, 2021 and the last date to apply is on August 31, 2021.
BCom or Bachelor of Commerce degree is an undergraduate degree of 3 years which offers a wide range of administrative skills to build proficiency in a meticulous area of business.
The BCom Syllabus is curated to teach students about various subjects such as Corporate Tax, Financial Law, Economics, Accounts, etc., and the average BCom Fee ranges between INR 20,000 - 50,000. It usually differs from college to college.
Top BCom Colleges: Application Deadline
|Name of the Colleges||Admission Criteria||Application Deadlines|
|Shri Ram College of Commerce||Merit-Based||August 2 - 31, 2021|
|Hansraj College||Merit-Based||August 2 - 31, 2021|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||Merit-Based||August 2 - 31, 2021|
|Hindu College||Merit-Based||August 2 - 31, 2021|
|Gargi College||Merit-Based||August 2 - 31, 2021|
|Hansraj College||Merit-Based||August 2 - 31, 2021|
|Loyola College||Entrance Based||June 2021|
|Mithibai College of Commerce & Economics||Merit-Based||August 5, 2021|
|Daulat Ram College||Merit-Based||August 2 - 31, 2021|
|Ramjas College||Merit-Based||August 2 - 31, 2021|
BCom Admission 2021: Important Dates
|Entrance Exams||Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|IPU CET 2021||June 8- July 31, 2021 (Closed)||August 28 – 31, 2021|
|DUET 2021||From July 15, 2021||September 26 – October 1, 2021|
|NPAT 2021||February 16, 2021- June 20, 2021 (Closed)||June 27, July 2, and July 3, 2021|
|BHU UET 2021||August 14 – September 6, 2021||To be Notified|
|DSAT 2021||April 1 – July 31, 2021||August 1 – 31, 2021|
BCom Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
As different colleges have different criteria, some of the common eligibility criteria for BCom admissions 2021 is mentioned below.
- Candidates must have completed an intermediate level of education or equivalent from a recognized board.
- The minimum percentage for BCom admission varies from college to college. Delhi University releases a cutoff for BCom admission in DU which can be as high as 99 percent, whereas, for some colleges, it can be a minimum of 45 percent.
- No specific stream is required for BCom admission but, a candidate can get preference over candidates from other streams if he/she/zee has completed 10+2 with Commerce.
- Some colleges conduct entrance examinations for admissions in BCom. Candidates qualifying in BCom entrance exams are given admission based on marks secured in these examinations.
BCom Admissions 2021: Admission Process
The Admission Process for BCom admissions involves various procedures at various institutions.
- Merit Based Admissions: BCom merit based admissions are based on the minimum qualification of the student. Usually, fulfilled based on marks scored by a candidate in 10+2. Most of the colleges offer seats to BCom aspirants straightforwardly based on the intermediate scores.
- Entrance Exams: Aspirants may be required to qualify for a BCom entrance test. Some universities and colleges admit students to the course based on their marks in national or state level entrance exams like IPU CET, DUET, BHU, etc.
Merit Based Admissions
Direct Admission is the principal way for BCom admission, followed by the majority of BCom colleges.
- Candidates are chosen based on the percentage scored in the Intermediate score.
- Candidates are first required to register for the admission process and sometimes essentially need to apply to the school or college For example The University of Delhi releases its registration form for admission into different courses like (BCom) before the release of the 12th score.
- The Cut-offs are released by different colleges for admissions. The candidates who have scored equivalent to or more than the cut-off scores are eligible to take admission into expected colleges. For example, The first cutoff score for admission into Lady Shri Ram College is 96% and the candidate’s score is 97%. The candidate will qualify for the cutoff and is eligible for admission into the college.
Check: BCom From DU
How to Apply for Admission?
- Aspirants should first register themselves on the official site of the college or university via email or phone number.
- The admission process begins with the issue of the notice of the application forms.
- Applicants should fill in all the required fields and upload documents to complete the application process cautiously before the deadline.
- Pay the application fees and apply them. Save the print receipt and the application form for future reference.
- For Entrance Based Admissions: Applicants must check the website of the institution regularly for updates. Candidates should download the admit card for the entrance exam and wait for the release of the result for further processing.
Some colleges like Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, NMIMS, and few others take students through Entrance Exams.
- Once the BCom application forms have been released by the university, you can easily apply for admission to that particular college.
- The process of admission starts usually around the month of February, for colleges like NMIMS.
- Different colleges have different dates of entrance.
- The candidates are chosen based on the marks scored by them in the entrance tests.
- Colleges release different cutoffs or merit lists for admissions.
Below mentioned are the few universities which conduct entrance exams for BCom admissions 2021:
Top BCom Colleges in India 2021
Some of the top colleges in India offering BCom courses are tabulated below for your reference,
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees|
|SRCC - Shri Ram College of Commerce||INR 15,000|
|Hindu College||INR 18,260|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||INR 19,870|
|Hansraj College||INR 20,945|
|Loyola College||INR 32,000|
|Madras Christian College||INR 30,000|
|CHRIST College, Banglore||INR 2.45 LPA|
|Ramjas College||INR 14,495|
|NM College of Commerce and Economics||INR 4,941|
|Mithibai College of Commerce and Economics||INR 5,545|
|St Joseph’s College of Commerce||INR 1.34 LPA|
|Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College||INR 10,785|
|Daulat Ram College||INR 16,890|
|Gargi College||INR 12,495|
|Indraprastha College for Women||INR 28,100|
BCom Admissions 2021: Career Opportunities
Especially in budgetary firms and in the banking area, vocation opens doors for BCom graduates in the profession.
- In different mechanical houses and administrative firms, these experts can work in the accounting segment.
- Likewise, they can also manage the deals and marketing of insurance and banking products.
- Under the Department of Commerce, the legislature of India can land different job positions accessible in different associations.
Some of the main areas of employment for graduates to seek BCom Jobs are:
|Working Capital Management||Policy Planning Bodies||Public Accounting Firms|
|Treasury and Forex Departments||Business Consultancies||Foreign Trade Centres|
|Investment Banking Sectors||Marketing Companies||Merchant Banking Centres|
|Public Accounting Firms||Budget Planning Bodies||Educational Institutes and Industrial Houses|
Top Jobs After Completing BCom
Post completing the course students can expect jobs in diverse sectors such as working as an accountant, tax consultant etc. Below table will discuss them along with their average salaries for your reference,
|Job Profiles||Average Salary (INR)|
|Accountant||4 – 6 LPA|
|Tax Consultant||6 – 10 LPA|
|Bank PO||3.5 – 4.5 LPA|
|Account Executive||2 – 3.5 LPA|
|Event Manager||3 – 4 LPA|
|Travel & Tourism||4 – 6 LPA|
|Commodity Trader||6 – 9 LPA|
|Actuary||3 – 5 LPA|
|Bookkeeper||2.5 – 3 LPA|
BCom Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques. What are the top colleges for BCom Admission 2021?
Ans. Delhi university colleges are regarded to be the best option for pursuing a BCom degree. Colleges like SRCC, LSR, among others are a good choice for studying BCom in Delhi.
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for BCom Admission 2021? Is Mathematics important for BCom?
Ans. The minimum eligibility criteria for any BCom course in India is to qualify for the class 12 board examination from a recognized board of education, such as CBSE, ICSE, State Education Boards, or equivalent boards.
Mathematics is necessary for admissions to only the BCom (Hons) course in India. While it may not be necessary for other BCom courses, knowledge and practice of Mathematics will surely be an advantage for any aspirant.
Ques. How should one prepare for the BCom Entrance Exams 2021?
Ans. In an entrance exam for BCom, the paper is usually divided into 3 sections: Verbal Ability, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude. Some pointers which can help a candidate during preparation are:
- Verbal ability comprises Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Vocabulary, and Para Jumbles. Do as much reading as you can, to score well in this section.
- Quantitative Ability comprises some topics like Geometry, Mensuration, Probability, Progressions, Matrices, Permutations & Combinations, and some other important topics of mathematics. Class 11 and 12 Maths is sufficient to clear this section.
- Reasoning ability can be easily prepared by practicing previous year papers to know the pattern of questions coming in the exam.
Ques. When will BCom admission 2021 registrations start?
Ans. BCom admission 2021 registrations will start tentatively from the month of February 2021.
Ques. Which course is good BBA or BCom? Which should one opt for in intermediate is better for an MBA in the future?
Ans. BBA and BCom courses are good, but it depends upon the candidate’s whether he/she/zee wants to specialize in a particular domain and do BCom Honours or wants to have an overview of all the subjects in the field of commerce.
Ques. Which college is the best for a BCom, Maitreyi, Kamala Nehru, Motilal Nehru, or Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma?
Ans. Maitreyi, Kamala Nehru, Motilal Nehru, or Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma all of these institutes are affiliated to Delhi University and offer decent BCom programs. Choosing any college among these is easy as it is worth taking admission.
Ques. What is the scope for BCom graduates?
Ans. In terms of future scope, BCom graduates various options to choose from. A candidate can either work in MNCs and banks under fancy job designations or pursue their desired course like - CA, CS, or MBA, to take their academic journey forward.
Ques. Is there any job opportunity available for BCom graduates?
Ans. Numerous BCom jobs in government, as well as private sectors, are available for students which are not limited to careers in accounts and finance. Popular job profiles after BCom include - Accountant, Account Executive, Tax Consultant, Bookkeeper, etc.
Ques. Is it worth doing M.Com after BCom?
Ans.MCom is the advanced version of the BCom course. It is the immediate choice for BCom graduates. Those planning to go for a doctoral degree in commerce should opt for MCom. However, there are other professional courses like Financial Risk Management which can help one get higher salary packages and fancy job opportunities.
Ques. Should I pursue BCom or CA?
Ans. Over the years, it has been a trend to see CA aspirants pursue BCom while also attempting to clear CA exams as well. In India, it is also possible to pursue CA or Chartered Accountancy after completing your BCom course as well. Those who do have a valid bachelor’s or master’s degree will be able to get direct entry to CA.