B Pharmacy Admission 2021 in Jamia Hamdard University has been closed for the academic year of 2021 – 2025. The admission process for B Pharmacy courses at Manipal College for Pharmaceutical Sciences has also been completed by March 15, 2021.
West Bengal BPharmacy admission for the academic year 2021 has been released and the admit cards will be released on 12th July 2021 and the exam will be held on 17th July 2021.
Bachelor of Pharmacy or B Pharmacy is a 4 years Undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy, which deals with the intricacies of preparing medicines and dispensing them.
Top B Pharmacy Colleges: Application Deadline
|College||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline|
|Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi||Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test||July 25, 2021|
|Punjab University||PU CET||July 2021|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||MAH CET||July 7, 2021|
|BITS, Pilani||BITSAT||July 7, 2021|
|MET||March 15, 2021|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Merit Based||June 26, 2021|
|SPPSPTM, Mumbai||NMIMS CET||June 20, 2021|
|BIT, Ranchi||Merit/ Entrance Based||June 9, 2021|
|SRM College of Pharmacy||Entrance Exam||June, 2021|
|Annamalai University||Merit Based||July 23, 2021|
B Pharmacy Admission 2021: Important Dates
B Pharmacy or Bachelor of Pharmacy is a 4 years Undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy.
The eligibility criteria for B Pharmacy Admission is, students have to clear Class 12 board exams with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology. B Pharmacy admission for some colleges is generally done through entrance examinations like NEET, while other colleges like Amity University enroll students on the basis of merit.
|Name of the Colleges||Entrance Exam / Merit||Application Status|
|Hiray Group of Institutes||Entrance Exam||April 2021 (Closed)|
|VES College of Pharmacy||Entrance Exam||February 2021 (Closed)|
|HK College of Pharmacy||Merit Based||April 2021 (Closed)|
|Amity University||Merit Based||March 2021 (Closed)|
|Dr. DY Patil College of Pharmacy||Entrance Exam||March 2021 (Closed)|
|Sunderdeep Pharmacy College||Merit Based||April 2021 (Closed)|
|VIPS||Entrance Exam||May 7, 2021 (Closed)|
|The Oxford College of Pharmacy||Merit Based||May 2021 (Closed)|
|GRCP||Entrance Exam||May 7, 2021 (Closed)|
|Deccan School of Pharmacy||Entrance Exam||May 18, 2021 (Closed)|
B Pharmacy Admission 2021: Entrance Exams
There are several B Pharmacy Entrance exams that are conducted all throughout the year like NEET, BITSAT, JEE, UPSEE, PUCET etc.
Below mentioned table has a detailed list of all the exams that are conducted for B Pharmacy Admission 2021 deadlines along with their registrations and their entrance exams syllabus and prerequisites.
Entrance Exam Schedule
|Name of the Exams||Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|NEET||2nd week of May||August 1, 2021|
|JEE||March 15 - April 4, 2021||May 24 - 28, 2021|
|BITSAT||February 23, 2021||August 3 – 6, 2021|
|PUCET||3rd week of April 2021||1st week of June 2021|
|UPSEE||April 30, 2021||TBA|
|MHT CET||2nd week of May||TBA|
|KCET||1st week of April 2021||August 28 to 29, 2021|
|CG PPHT||Closed||June 17, 2021|
|WBJEE||Closed||July 11, 2021|
|Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)||TBA||TBA|
|TS EAMCET||June 17, 2021||August 9 – 10, 2021|
|AP EAMCET||TBA||September 23 – 25, 2021|
|OJEE||July 12, 2021||To be Announced|
|KEAM||July 2021||July 24, 2021|
B Pharmacy Admission 2021: Syllabus
B Pharmacy itself is a huge course that consists of a variety of subjects, belonging from the pharmaceutical stream. Below mentioned is a detailed list of the B Pharmacy syllabus both for Admissions and the course syllabus as well.
Below tabulated is the list of B Pharmacy Admission Syllabus
|Units & Measurements||Rotational Motion||Wave|
|Kinetics||Power & Energy||Heat & Thermodynamics|
|Law of Motion||Gravitation||Electrostatics|
|Impulse & Momentum||Mechanics of Solids & Fluids||Current Electricity|
|Work & Energy||Oscillation||Optics|
|State of Matter||Surface Chemistry||Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
|Atomic Structure||Stereochemistry||Biological Industrial and Environmental Chemistry|
|Chemical bonding & Molecular Structure||Hydrogen & S Block Elements||Chemical Dynamics|
|Electrochemistry||P-d and f-block elements|
|Genetics and Evolution||Diversity in Living World||Cell: The unit of life, structure & functions|
|Structure & Function of Plants||Reproduction, Growth & Movement in Plants||Ecology and Environment|
|Structure and Function of Animals||Reproduction and Development in Humans||Biology and Human welfare|
|Trigonometry||Ordinary Differential Equations||Linear Programming|
|Two dimensional coordinate Geometry||Vectors||Mathematical Modelling|
|Grammar||Logical Reasoning||Non-Verbal reasoning|
Entrance Exam Prerequisites
Before appearing for B Pharmacy entrance exams you should be aware of all the prerequisites as mentioned below,
- Prepare a list of colleges that you want to apply for, and the list of entrance exams that they accept
- The top B Pharmacy entrance exams include: NEET, BITSAT, UPSEE, KCET, MHT CET etc.
- Check the eligibility and the entrance criteria for these B Pharmacy entrance exams.
- Some of the entrance exams are of national level that are accepted by a majority of colleges, however exams like MH-CET are state level exams that are accepted by state level B Pharmacy colleges
B Pharmacy Admission 2021: Admission Process
B Pharmacy Admission processes are done both on the basis of merit as well as on the entrance exams. It depends from college to college. Below mentioned is a detailed structure of the entire admission process for B Pharmacy Admission 2021.
There are a list of eligibility criteria that students have to follow before applying for admission in B Pharmacy course. They are as follows,
- Students should have cleared their 10+2 examinations with 50% and with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics and English
- Students who have cleared 10+2 from non-formal based schools such as NIOS and state based open schooling are not eligible for this course
- Students should complete 17 years of age before 31st December of the year of admission to the Pharma college
- Students who have cleared B Pharmacy entrance examinations like MET, BITSAT, JEE, KCET are eligible for this course
How to Apply?
Applications for B Pharmacy Admission is not at all a difficult task, if the guidelines are adhered to. Below mentioned in bullets are the simple steps to follow for a hassle free application process,
The application process for B Pharmacy is mentioned below,
- Candidates can directly visit the institution's website and fill the registration form.
- Registration part requires the basic contact details and then the candidate will receive the required credentials for filling further application part for direct admission or for the entrance test.
- After filling the application, candidates need to wait for the merit list generated by the institution which is either based on the entrance result or on the graduation result submitted by the candidates.
- Later, candidates were informed for final document verification and admission fees submission.
Short listed candidates are invited to take part in the final selection rounds which includes PI & GD
- Many top B Pharmacy colleges conduct PI (Personal Interview) for the final round of selection
- Colleges who grant admission on the basis of merit conduct GD / PI as the final selection round
Once you are shortlisted, you are thereafter expected to go through the counselling process, which is nothing but submitting all the necessary documents such as ID proof, Photograph, Exam certificates, few declarations etc required for the B Pharmacy admission process.
B Pharmacy Admission 2021: Top Colleges
B Pharmacy is one of the top most sought after courses in the field of Pharmaceutical sciences. The course has an in-depth study of the hradcore subjects related to the field of pharmacy. So that would eventually lead to the search of top B Pharmacy colleges.
Some of the top B Pharmacy colleges in India are tabulated below,
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees (INR)||Final Selection|
|University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Udagamandalam||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
|Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore||Entrance Exam||GD / PI|
B Pharmacy Admission 2021: Tips to Clear the Entrance Exam
Below mentioned are few of the important tips to clear a B Pharmacy entrance exam for your reference,
- For qualifying the entrance test, candidates need to focus on a few sections that are included in the test.
- Different institutions have different patterns and syllabus for the test but there are some common sections like General Knowledge, Verbal Aptitude, English Comprehension, Teaching Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The candidates can go through the factual information under different subjects for the General Knowledge part, can follow some online platforms like Testbook, Gradup for regular mock test and practice paper.
- English comprehension can be done through practicing grammar and basic vocabulary.
- Reasoning portion can be practiced through a reasoning book, practice paper.
- And for the overall exam, one can go for previous years exam papers and regular mock tests for managing the time schedule and speed required for completing the paper on time.
B.Pharmacy Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques. Is B Pharma better than B Sc?
Ans. B Pharma is a professional program in the pharmaceutical sector and B Sc is a general science program. Both the courses are good in their own ways and the thought of one is a better program varies based on one’s own interest in the field.
Ques. How is B Pharma at BITS Pilani?
Ans. The lab infrastructure in BITS Pilani is very good, the faculty members in the Pharma department are also very talented and experienced persons. The overall experience of B Pharma at BITS Pilani is good.
Ques. Can I enter into clinical research after completing B Pharma?
Ans. India is one of the preferred countries for performing clinical research. Statistics indicate that the clinical trial business of India has grown to 10% of the US in 2018 and due to this clinical industries will require about 50,000 clinical research professionals. Hence it will be of good scope for entering into clinical research after completing B Pharma.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for B-Pharma?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for B-Pharma is that the candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology in class 12 and must have obtained a minimum of 45 - 50% of total marks. The minimum percentage may vary depending upon the university or institution.
Ques. What is the cutoff score for B Pharma course at Manipal?
Ans. The cutoff score for B Pharma course at Manipal is around 100 out of the total 200 marks in the entrance exams.
Ques. What are the documents required for B Pharma admission?
Ans. Documents like 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet, NEET marksheet or any other entrance exam score card, community certificate, school transfer certificate, passport size photo are required for the B Pharma admission.
Ques. Is the starting salary for B Pharma and M Pharma same?
Ans. No, starting salary after B Pharma and M Pharma are not the same, as the starting salary after B Pharma ranges from approximately 1.3 to 1.5 LPA and the starting salary after M Pharma ranges from approximately 1.7 to 2.2 LPA.
Ques. Is there a B Pharma admission in West Bengal without the WBJEE?
Ans. Most of the colleges in West Bengal perform B Pharma admission based on the WBJEE score only. Other than this, if a candidate wishes to get admission without appearing for WBJEE then he or she can go for the management quota.
Ques. Can I do B Pharma after completing Diploma in Pharmacy?
Ans. Yes, candidates who completed Diploma in Pharmacy can directly apply for the lateral entry B Pharma admission from second year onwards.
B Pharma Admissions in India are mostly done based on entrance exam