BSc Admission 2021 have begun for several colleges. BSc Admissions are based on entrance exam for most of the colleges. However, several universities accept direct admission to its BSc programs.
Some of the common BSc Entrance exams are NPAT, CUCET, JET, BHU UET etc. The registration for NPAT has begun and the last date to apply for the NPAT exam was June 20, 2021. Admissions to Delhi University for the BSc course has commenced form August 2, 2021, the last date of which is August 31, 2021.
BSc is a 3 year undergraduate degree course program. It is normally a foundation course which provides detailed knowledge on common subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology etc. The eligibility criteria for pursuing BSc is, students have to clear their class 12 board exams with 50% aggregate marks from a recognised board with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics in class 12.
Top BSc Colleges: Application Deadline
|College||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline|
|Hindu College, New Delhi||Merit/DUET||August 31, 2021|
|Miranda House, New Delhi||Merit Based||August 31, 2021|
|St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi||Merit/DUET||August 31, 2021|
|Madras Christian College, Chennai||Merit Based||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Loyola College, Chennai||Merit Based admission followed by interview||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Hansraj College, New Delhi||Merit/DUET||August 31, 2021|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||Merit Based||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Kirori Mal College (KMC) New Delhi||Merit/DUET||August 31, 2021|
|Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi||Merit/DUET||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi||Merit Based||August 31, 2021|
BSc Admission 2021: Important Dates
BSc or Bachelor of Science has a lot of further bifurcations when it comes to the course admission. Thus students have to be very particular about the entrance dates, exam dates and registration dates for all the sub streams of BSc course. Below table has a detailed list of the important dates of top colleges offering BSc degree,
BSc Applications Dates
|Name of the Colleges||Exam Score Accepted||Application Status|
|Chandigarh University||CUCET||2nd week of August (Closed)|
|IGNOU||OPENNET||April 30, 2021 (Closed)|
|Amity University||Merit Based||January 7, 2021|
|Christ University||CUET||April 2021 (Closed)|
|The Oxford College of Science||KMAT, PGCET||July 2021|
|St. Xaviers College, Mumbai||University held Exam||April 2021 (Closed)|
|Loyola College||Merit Based||April 2021 (Closed)|
|Adamas University, Kolkata||Merit Based||March 2021 (Closed)|
|DY Patil University, Mumbai||University held Exam||May - June, 2021|
|Amity University||Merit Based||April 6, 2021 (Closed)|
|St. Xaviers College, Mumbai||University held Exam||May 2021|
|Adamas University, Kolkata||Merit Based||April 17, 2021 (Closed)|
|DY Patil University, Mumbai||University held Exam||June 10, 2021|
|University of Madras||TAN CET, UGC NET, CSIR NET||February 2021 (Closed)|
|Uttarakhand Open University||University held Exam||March 31, 2021 (Closed)|
|Nalanda Open University||Merit Based||September 30, 2021|
|Bharathiar University||Merit Based||To be Notified|
BSc Admission 2021: Entrance Exams
There are several BSc Entrance exams that are conducted all throughout the year like NPAT, CUCET, JET, BHU UET , etc.
Below mentioned table has a detailed list of all the exams that are conducted for BSc Admission 2021 deadlines along with their registrations and their entrance exams syllabus and prerequisites.
Entrance Exam Schedule
Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for BSc courses will vary from subject to subject. There are several subjects under BSc course, such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc and each subject has different syllabus according to their core of interest and study. However some topics that are common for all subjects are tabulated below for your convenience
|General knowledge||Comprehensive Ability||Mental Ability|
|Population & Climate Change||Numerical Ability||-|
|The Human Body & Common Disease||Environmental Studies||-|
The syllabus for BSc 3 years degree course for various subjects consists of an integrated syllabus with in depth knowledge of the subject. There are a vast range of subjects that are included in BSc courses as a whole. Some of the core syllabus for all BSc subjects are tabulated below,
Entrance Exam Prerequisites
Before appearing for BSc entrance exams you should be aware of all the prerequisites as mentioned below,
- Prepare a list of colleges that you want to apply for, and the list of entrance exams that they accept
- The top BSc entrance exams include: DSAT, NPAT, BHU UET, JET etc.
- Check the eligibility and the entrance criteria for these BSc entrance exams.
- There are different subject bifurcations under BSc, check the subject and the course structure that you want to pursue and proceed accordingly with the entrance exams.
BSc Admission 2021: Admission Process
BSc Admissions for various courses are done on the basis of both merit and on the basis of entrance exam syllabus. It however depends on the colleges that you are applying for. Below mentioned is a detailed structure of the admission process for BSc courses,
- The basic BSc eligibility criteria are the completion of class 12 in school from a recognized board of education.
- The candidates must have obtained at least 50 - 60% of total marks in class 12 examination.
- Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology in the higher secondary level.
- The minimum age limit for this course is 18 years of age.
How to Apply?
Applications for BSc Admission courses are not at all a difficult task to fill if adhered to all the rules as mentioned in the guidelines, However for your reference some of the important points are mentioned below that will assist you in completing the task hasslefree,
- Apply for the BSc Courses that you wish to pursue
- You can choose amongst a variety of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc.
- Appear for the Entrance Exam, if there is any
- After clearing appear for the GD / PI rounds
- Once shortlisted accept the admission offer
GD / PI
GD (Group Discussion) PI (Personal Interview) are the two final list of rounds that candidates have to go through for the final round of selection, where they are asked questions about their goals, ambitions and reason of interest in the chosen course
Once you are shortlisted, you are thereafter expected to go through the counselling process, which is nothing but submitting all the necessary documents such as ID proof, Photograph, Exam certificates, few declarations etc required for the BSc admission process.
BSc Admission 2021: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Gather previous year question papers available through the internet.
- Refer to the syllabus of the BSc entrance exam and schedule accordingly.
- Normally BSc Nursing Post Basic entrance exams are conducted across 5 different sections like Reasoning Aptitude, General Knowledge, Mathematics, General English and Science.
- Concentrate more on English and topics related to the specialization you want to pursue in BSc.
- Cover all the topics of the exam at least one month before the commencement of the exam.
- Practice various mock tests available to eliminate the exam pressure.
- Visit the exam centre a day before the exam so as to avoid the last time confusion of searching the exam centre.
- Take a deep sleep before the day of the exam.
- Visit the exam centre earlier by 1 hour to avoid traffic congestion.
- Stay calm on the day of the exam.
BSc Admissions 2021: FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required for BSc admission 2021?
Ans. The documents essential for BSc admission are:
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- School Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Entrance Exam Scorecard
Ques. Is the HSC board syllabus enough for BSc admission?
Ans. Yes it is enough as the candidates from any recognized board of education are eligible to apply for BSc admission.
Ques. How to get admission in a BSc course in Andhra University?
Ans. BSc admission in Andhra University is done through a merit based process. However, candidates with entrance exams are also given preference.
Ques. What are the cutoff marks for a BSc admission through CMI?
Ans. The cutoff mark for the BSc admission through CMI is around 67 marks.
Ques. How is the percentage calculated for the admission of BSc courses in DU?
Ans. The percentage for the admission of BSc course in DU is calculated based on the format of PCM/B. P, C, M and B denotes the marks scored in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology respectively.
Ques. What is the minimum percentage of marks required for the BSc admission 2021?
Ans. The minimum percentage of marks required for the BSc admission is about 50 - 60% for the admission into a good institution.
Ques. How many marks are required for the admission into BHU through the BHU-UET entrance exam 2021?
Ans. Around 270 - 300 marks are required for the admission into BHU through the BHU-UET entrance exam.