MCA Admissions 2021 are solely based on entrance exams conducted at national level like NIMCET, and other university level entrance exams like IPU CET, TANCET, PGCET, etc.
MCA state-level admissions are also ongoing. Telangana MCA admission 2021 will be based on a valid score in TS ICET 2021 exam. TSICET Registration 2021 is closed for the academic year of 2021 – 2023. TSICET 2021 was conducted on August 19 – 20, 2021 as per the official notice released by TSCHE.
Candidates can enroll themselves for the MCA Program at various universities such as JMI New Delhi, IIT Delhi, NIT Karnataka etc. MCA Admission 2021 for top MCA colleges and universities such as IITs has already been completed.
Other entrance exams for MCA courses have been rolled up by June 2021.
MCA (Master of Computer Applications) is a 2-year master’s degree that focuses on providing theoretical and practical knowledge on the various aspects of computer applications, languages, fundamentals etc.
Top MCA Colleges in India: Application Deadline
|Top MCA Colleges||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline|
|Indian Institute of Technology. Delhi||IIT JAM Test||October 17, 2020|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||IIT JAM Test||October 17, 2020|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||IIT JAM Test||October 17, 2020|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||NIMCET||April 7, 2021|
|National Institute of Technology, Karnataka||NIMCET||April 7, 2021|
|Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore||VITMEE||May 31, 2021|
|National Institute of Technology, Rourkela||NIMCET||April 7, 2021|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal||NIMCET||April 7, 2021|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani||BIT MCA 2021||May 20, 2021|
Aspirants who wish to pursue MCA in the 2021-2022 session should keep information about the minute details of the MCA admission process such as the last date of application, entrance exam dates, fees, syllabus, and many more.
You can check out the latest dates of MCA admission from the sections below. The average fee of the application form ranges between INR 1000-INR 2000.
Check out : BCA with MCA integrated course
MCA Admission 2021: Last Dates to Apply
Most of the top MCA colleges in India provide admission to their MCA program through the NIMCET entrance examination. Thus, the admission process of the majority of the colleges will begin after the NIMCET Examination. However, some of the top private colleges/universities are conducting their admission through their own entrance exam.
|MCA Colleges||Entrance Exam Accepted||Application Status|
|Christ University||Direct Admission||May 16, 2021|
|NIT Trichy||NIMCET||Online Choice Filling will Start from June 9, 2021 till June 14, 2021|
|NIT Warangal||NIMCET||Online Choice Filling will Start from June 9, 2021 till June 14, 2021|
|Presidency College, Bangalore||Karnataka PGCET||Last week of June, 2021 (tentative)|
|Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra, Ranchi||BIT MCA||May 20,2021|
|National Institute of Technology, Surathkal (NIT Surathkal)||NIMCET||Online Choice Filling will Start from June 9, 2021 till June 14, 2021|
|University of Hyderabad||NIMCET||Online Choice Filling will Start from June 9, 2021 till June 14, 2021|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut||NIMCET||Online Choice Filling will Start from June 9, 2021 till June 14, 2021|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad||NIMCET||Online Choice Filling will Start from June 9, 2021 till June 14, 2021|
|Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, Vellore||VITEE||May 14, 2021|
|Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University||JMI Entrance Exam||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||TANCET||Counselling scheduled to Start in May, 2021 Check Now|
|Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS)||IPU CET||January 13,2021 (Closed)|
|JSS Academy Of Technical Education - [JSSATE], Noida||UPSEE||May 10, 2021|
|Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth||MAH CET||July, 2021 (Tentative)|
MCA Entrance Exam
In case of MCA admission the candidates have to appear for the entrance exams. The entrance exams are NIMCET, TANCET, PGCET, UPSEE, BHU PET, VITEEE, WB JECA, IPU CET, VEE, HP CET.
The details of the entrance exam and their dates has been tabulated below.
Entrance Exam Schedule
|Entrance Exam||Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|NIMCET||March 11- April 7, 2021||May 23, 2021|
|TANCET||January 2021||March 20, 2021|
|PGCET||May 5, 2021||July 20, 2021|
|UPSEE||March 10, 2021||June 15, 2021|
|BHU PET||February 9, 2021||April 19, 2021|
|VEE||April 30, 2021||May 13, 2021|
|VITEEE||May 20, 2021||May 28 – 31, 2021|
|IPU CET||May, 2021 (Tentative)||July, 2021|
|WB JECA||May, 2021||August 28, 2021|
|HP CET||To be announced||To be announced|
|TSICET||April 7, 2021- June 23, 2021 (Open)||August 19 – 20, 2021|
Entrance Exam Syllabus
The following are the general syllabus of MCA Entrance exam.
Candidates have to answer 50 question regarding the following topics
|Set Theory||Probability and Statistics||Algebra||Coordinate Geometry|
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
Candidates have to answer 40 questions on logical reasoning from the different passages and excerpts.
Candidates have to answer 10 questions about general computer awareness. The general subjects are:
|Computer Basics||Organization of a computer||Data Representation||Representation of characters|
|Binary Arithmetics||Boolean algebra||Truth Table||Venn diagrams|
In this segments the candidates have to answer 20 question on the following subjects:
|Synonyms and antonyms||Technical writing||Meaning of Phrases||-|
Check : MCA Syllabus
Entrance Exam Prerequisites
Before appearing for the entrance exam the candidates must keep in mind the following prerequisites:
- The admissions are mainly done through the entrance exam.
- The main entrance exams are NIMCET, PGCET, IPU CET, WB JECA.
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam before filling up the form.
- The top institutes such as the National Institute of Technology accept the NIMCET exam score for the admission process.
- Some private institutes prefer the candidates to take their own entrance exam for admission, such as VITEEE for admission to VIT, Vellore.
MCA Admission Process
MCA Admission 2021 is done through national-level entrance exams like NIMCET or state-level entrance exams like IPU CET, MAH CET, etc.
- Direct Admission- The admission is done on a merit basis. Some of the private institutes also grant admission through management quotas. Management quota seats in every college are reserved and limited. The fee is generally higher for these seats than general seats.
- Entrance Test- Students need to appear for the entrance exam. Shortlisted students are called for counseling. Offline counseling is conducted for seat allotment in various colleges affiliated with that university. Students are admitted after an allotment of seats in counseling.
Check : The previous year Cutoff
The eligibility criteria are only a primary step towards getting admission. The minimum eligibility criteria are given below :
- The candidate must have completed and passed the qualifying examination at the Undergraduate Level.
- Candidates should complete their Bachelor's degree from a college that is recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- It is compulsory that the aspirant should have pursued their undergraduate degree in any relevant discipline such as B.Tech, BCA, BSc.
- The minimum aggregate marks in the last qualifying exam should be 55%.
How to Apply
The admission is mostly carried out through the entrance examination or merit basis.
- Candidates need to apply for the given entrance examination after satisfying the eligibility condition.
- After conducting the entrance exam, the institute will declare the result and release their cut-off.
- The next step after clearing the exam, the shortlisted candidates will be called for document verification hence after admission is given.
- Candidates can also have merit-based admission based on the marks obtained in the Bachelor's Degree.
- The candidate having a greater percentage or aggregate marks in their UG will be preferred.
- Similarly, after the verification of documents and a small interview session candidates will be given admission.
Which one is Better? : MBA vs MCA
After the declaration of the result the candidate will have t go through a round of centralised counselling process. Candidates will have to fill their choices of the colleges through online process. The candidates are required to fill up their college names before allotment dates.
Candidates often have choices to update their choices before final allotment. In some states the counselling is done via offline method.
After the allotment and selection of college the candidates are given a certificate or slip of the selected college which they have to submit in their respective colleges to complete the admission process.
Top MCA Colleges in India
The following are the top MCA colleges in India
|College Names||Location||Average Fees||Average Salary Offered|
|NIT Trichy||Tiruchirappalli||INR 99,250||INR 600,000|
|NIT Warangal||Warangal||INR 75,000||INR 12,15,000|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)||New Delhi||INR 1,357||-|
|Presidency College||Bangalore||INR 100,000||INR 365,000|
|Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra||Ranchi||INR 263,000||INR 1176,000|
|NIT Surathkal||Surathkal||INR 100,000||INR 986,000|
|NIT Calicut||Calicut||INR 82,405||INR 11,58,000|
|MNNIT Allahabad||Allahabad||INR 113,000||INR 10,28,000|
|VIT University||Vellore||INR 140,000||INR 600,000|
MCA Admission 2021 Tips
Few points are mentioned which will be helpful to secure admission in the Reputed Colleges –
- Candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria of having minimum aggregate marks of 55% in their BSc/BCA/BTech degree.
- Candidates should sort their college of preference based on the topics taught in the curriculum, Faculty, Placement, Fee, and Location.
- After choosing the top five colleges aspirants need to regularly check on the notification on the website of the following college.
- The process is very basic: Registration, Application Fill Up, Payment of fee.
- Documents mentioned should be noted and uploaded accordingly with proper file size, format.
- Focussed strategic preparation according to the syllabus will surely help the candidate to clear the cut-off.
- Check the admission syllabus of the individual exam. It is advisable to have a time table prepared for the entrance exam.
- Divide your time according to the subjects. Back your strengths.
- Try to get hold of previous years practice papers and solve them.
- Get online tutorials for different segments from the internet.
- Lastly keep the final week dedicated for the final revision
MCA Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques: What is a Master in Computer Application?
Ques: Are there good job prospects for computer science engineers?
Ques: What are the eligibility criteria for MCA in Computer Application?
Ques: What is the fee of the MCA course in India?
Ques: What are the employment area for the candidate completing MCA in Computer Science Application?
Ques: What is the average annual salary of a Computer Science Application Masters graduate as a fresher?