Admissions to M.Ed courses are usually conducted on the basis of entrance exams for most of the universities. Some of the frequently attempted M.Ed entrance exams are DUET, BHU PET, CUCET etc.
M.Ed 2021 Applications for several universities such as Patna University, Delhi University and Amity University have been concluded in the month of August 2021. Candidates have to appear for DUET 2021 or entrance exams conducted by the colleges to pursue M.Ed in top colleges.
The basic eligibility criteria for M.Ed course is a minimum score of 50% to 60% marks from a UGC recognized university. A candidate who has completed a bachelor degree in Arts with education as a subject (B.A. Ed) is also eligible for the M.Ed entrance exam.
Most M.Ed colleges conduct their own entrance exam for the M.Ed admission. The applicants are required to fill the application form within the given deadline.
Top M.Ed Colleges: Application Deadline
The following are the top colleges that provide the M.Ed course. The application deadlines for the top colleges for B.Ed course in India are given below.
|Name of the Colleges||Exam Score Accepted||Application Status|
|Banaras Hindu University||PET (Post Graduate Entrance Test)||August 14 – September 06, 2021|
|University of Delhi||DUET||August 26, 2021|
|St. Xaviers College, Kolkata||University Held Exam||4th week of February, 2021|
|Jamia Milia Islamia University||JMIEE||April 26 2021- September 14, 2021|
|Merit Based||June 2021|
|Jaipur National University, Jaipur||University Held Exam||March 2021|
|Lady Irwin College, New Delhi||Merit based||October 26, 2021 (Closed)|
M.Ed Admission 2021 Important Dates
Students aspiring for the M.Ed courses from top colleges should be well aware of all the minute details regarding application and exam dates, admission process and other likewise details.
You can check M.Ed Admissions 2021 dates in the sections below. The application fees for all D.Pharmacy courses range between INR 700 - 1,500.
Check: M.Ed Cutoffs
M.Ed Admission 2021: Last Date to Apply
|College||Admission Process||Registration Date|
|Delhi University||Entrance Exam||April 01 - May 10, 2021|
|BHU||Entrance Exam||June 2021|
|AMU||Entrance Exam||3rd week of June 2021|
|Patna University||Entrance Exam||April 30- August 31, 2021|
|Jammu University||Entrance Exam||June 2021|
|Mumbai University||Entrance Exam||July 24,- August 5, 2021|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||Entrance Exam||October 10- October 20, 2021|
|MDU, Rohtak||Merit-Based||August 2021|
|Amity University, Lucknow||Direct Admission||July 15, 2021|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut||Entrance Exam||September 04, 2021|
|Magadh University, Gaya||Entrance Exam||September 01, 2021|
M.Ed Admission 2021: Entrance Exam
Admissions to the majority of the M.Ed courses generally takes place on the basis of Merit.
Though there are a list of entrance exams such as DUET, BHU PET, JUET, CUCET etc which are conducted nationally as well as are conducted by the state government.
Entrance Exam Schedule
Following are some of the top M.Ed entrance exams conducted for admission:
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|DUET||August 2021||September 26 – October 01, 2021|
|BHU PET||August 14, 2021 – September 06, 2021||To be announced|
|AMU Test||March 2021||May 24, 2021|
|JUET||April 2021||June 2021|
|CUCET||March 2021||May 28, 2021|
Entrance Exam Syllabus
|Education & Philosophy||Learning & Motivation|
|Education in Ancient & Medieval India||Major Philosophies of Education|
|Education in British India||Nature & Meaning of Psychology|
|Educational Thinkers and their contribution in developing Principles of Education||Personality|
|Intelligence||Psychology & Educational Psychology|
See Also: M.Ed Syllabus
Entrance Exam Prerequisites
Before applying for any M.Ed entrance examinations, one should check the below mentioned prerequisites that you should follow:
- Prepare a list of M.Ed colleges you want to apply and the entrance exams that they accept
- Some of the top M.Ed Entrance Exams are: DUET, BHU PET, JUET, CUCET etc.
- Check the eligibility and admission criteria for all the M.Ed entrance exams
- Some of the exams are national level, while some are accepted by states and some are specifically allotted to certain colleges/universities
M.Ed Admission 2021: Admission Process
Admissions to the M.Ed courses generally takes place on the basis of both Merit as well as entrance examinations conducted at National or State level.
In order to pursue M.Ed, one should meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
- General candidates need to secure a minimum of 50% to 60% marks in graduation courses from a recognized university.
- SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled candidates get 5% relaxation in qualifying percentage in graduation.
- Candidates should have done B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) in graduation which should be from a UGC approved university.
- The candidates who have completed their B.El.Ed degree from a Govt University with 55% marks can also apply for M.Ed course.
How to Apply?
To apply for the M.Ed. program, the student needs to take following steps:
- Visit the website of the concerned university for the admission update.
- Read the admission form, eligibility criteria, fee structure in detail.
- Fill up the admission form very carefully.
- Pay the required examination fee for the entrance exam.
- Download the admit card of entrance exam when available before the exam
- Appear for the entrance exam and get a good score to secure the admission.
- After you have been shortlisted for M.Ed admission on the basis of your score in the entrance test, you are required to go through a round of admission counseling.
- Counseling is nothing but submission of important documents such as certificates of previous examinations, personal ID proofs, M.Ed application forms.
- The candidates are then asked to pay the admission fee within the scheduled date and accept the college admission.
Top M.Ed Colleges
The Top Colleges offering M.Ed along with their fee structure is mentioned below:
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||48,250|
|Amity University, Lucknow||2,04,000|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut||5,530|
|Magadh University, Gaya||1,82,000|
M.Ed Admission 2021: Preparation Tips
- To crack the admission in M.Ed in any university, prepare for the entrance exam.
- Cover the syllabus for the entrance exam within the time and start revising it.
- Keep an eye on the admission deadlines for top M.Ed colleges in India.
- Obtain a good score in the entrance exam of M.Ed admission.
- Learn the research and teaching pedagogy skills on your own before the exam.
- Attempt mock tests and analyze your performance.
- Practice from previous year question papers.
M.Ed Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques: What is the average fee of the M.Ed program?
Ans: Average fee of M.ED ranges between 15000-50000/year.
Ques: Is there any option to take direct admission in M.Ed program in any college?
Ans: in India, there are various private institutes providing direct admission in M.Ed. program. Some of them are Amity University, Lovely Professional University.
Ques: How to prepare for the CIE M.Ed entrance exam?
Ans: Tips for CIE M.Ed entrance exam:
- Fix your timetable for each subject
- Try to finish the syllabus timely and then start revising.
- Collect previous year exam papers of DU Entrance exam.
Ques: What is the fee structure of DU M.Ed course?
Ans: The fee for DU M.Ed course is 13980/year
Ques: What is the total number of seats for UR category in DU CIE?
Ans: 25 seats
Ques: IS DU M.Ed program available in distance mode?
Ans: No, Currently DU only provides a full time regular M.Ed program.
Ques: What is the difference between M.Ed and MA education?
Ans: MA education is a PG course which comes under the category of Arts and humanities. M.Ed is a postgraduate degree for teaching skills and educational research.
Ques: Is M.Ed equivalent to the MA in education?
Ans: M.Ed is not equivalent to the MA education. MA education is similar to MA in subjects like political science, geography; it is a masters degree for higher study in education. M.Ed is a professional degree for teaching skills enhancement.
Ques: Can I enrol for the PhD program after M.Ed?
Ans: yes you can enrol for the PhD program after M.Ed.
Ques: what are the career options after M.Ed?
Ans: After completing M.Ed, You can pursue your career in academics, education counselling, research, publishing, etc.