AIIMS MBBS 2021 Exam Date has been announced and will be conducted on September 12, 2021. However, AIIMS MBBS has been replaced by NEET 2021. Through this exam, candidates are provided admission into MBBS program. Admission will be provided to the qualifying candidates in various AIIMS Institutes located in New Delhi, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Nagpur, Jodhpur, Guntur, Patna, Raipur, and Bhubaneshwar.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Application Form has been released online on July 13, 2021. Candidates who fulfil AIIMS MBBS Eligibility criteria can apply till the deadline by paying the application fees. AIIMS MBBS 2021 Exam Date has been announced and will be conducted on September 12, 2021.
Candidates must check this article for updated details such as dates, application form, eligibility criteria, and much more regarding AIIMS 2021.
Highlights of AIIMS MBBS 2021
|Exam Name||AIIMS MBBS|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Aggregate of 60% required in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 10+2 boards|
|Must have attained 17 years of age – Check AIIMS MBBS Eligibility|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Seats||1207|
|AIIMS MBBS Helplineemail@example.com | 1800117898|
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Exam Dates
|Events (Based on NEET 2021)||Date (Tentative)|
|Release of application form||July 13, 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||August 10, 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||August 10, 2021|
|Availability of admit card||September 6, 2021|
|Date of Exam||September 12, 2021|
|Release of OMR & Answer Key||To Be Announced|
|Declaration of result||To Be Announced|
|Counselling will commence from||To Be Announced|
Check AIIMS MBBS 2021 Schedule
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam. Following are some of the eligibility criteria:
- Age Criteria: Candidate should have obtained or will attain the age of 17 years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission.
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 2005 are not eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum aggregate of the marks in the examination for General and OBC candidates are 60%, for SC/ST candidates are 50% & for PWBD candidates are 45%.
- Subjects: Candidates should have English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology obtained in the qualifying examination.
AIIMS MBBS Reservation Criteria 2021
A certain percentage of seats in AIIMS are reserved for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates. In the six new AIIMS (Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, and Rishikesh) with intake of 100 students each and 50 students each in AIIMS Nagpur and Guntur the reservation policy followed is tabulated below :
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Non-Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27|
|People with Benchmark Disability (PWBD)||5|
- In AIIMS Delhi, there are 100 seats for Indian Nationals and 7 for Foreign Nationals
- If SC/ ST seats remain vacant, they shall be converted to general category seats.
Given below are details regarding the number of seats in all the participating institutes:
AIIMS MBBS Registration 2021
AIIMS has revised the entire form filling procedure. From this year, it will be a two-stage process comprising of:
- Basic Registration: to be tentatively open from November – January.
- Final Registration: formalities of this stage involve paying for the exam, choosing the exam center etc.
The application fee for general and OBC categories is INR 1500 and for SC/ST candidates is INR 1200. The process to fill AIIMS MBBS 2021 Application Form is completely online.
How to Apply for AIIMS MBBS 2021?
From this year, the institute has revised the entire registration process for the examination. It will be a two-stage process comprising of –
AIIMS Basic Registration
- Visit the official website if AIIMS MBBS i.e. aiimsexams.org
- Click on ‘New Registration’ tab
- Enter all the basic details in the given format.
- Upload photo and signature after scanning
In this stage, candidates are not required to make the payment for the exam.
AIIMS Final Registration
Once the basic registration is complete, a code for final registration will be issued to the registrants. Use the same to login again and fill the form which will be released about three months ahead of AIIMS MBBS Exam along with the prospectus.
In this candidates are required to fill out the entire details of their personal, professional and academic background. Also, they will have to remit the application fee as per their category.
- Make payment of your application fee in online mode or via bank challan
- Recheck the filled AIIMS application form and take multiple printouts for future use.
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2021
Candidates who successfully register for AIIMS MBBS 2021 are issued their admit card in online mode. Enter your application number and password to access the document. It will inform about the venue, time and shift of the exam.
Steps to Download AIIMS MBBS Admit Card
- Visit the official website of aiimsexams.org
- Click on the link for ‘AIIMS MBBS Admit card’
- Enter the Application Number and Password in the log-in page.
- Ensure all the details are correct and then enter “Submit”
- View the admit card and verify the details present on it.
- Download or take two to three printouts of the AIIMS MBBS Admit Card for further processes.
After downloading the AIIMS MBBS 2021 admit card, candidates are advised to
- Verify all the entries in the admit card such as name, address, exam roll number, photograph, signature, allotted exam centre, etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the completion of admission process, as it will be required at the time of AIIMS MBBS 2021 Counselling for identity verification.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Centers 2021
- Candidates can choose their AIIMS MBBS Exam Center at time of final registration.
- The allocation of venue will be on the basis of availability of seats.
- Decision of AIIMS regarding allotment of centers, day and shift shall be final.
The AIIMS MBBS Exam will be conducted in almost 153 centers in some of the major cities indicated on the map.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern 2021
AIIMS MBBS 2021 exam will be online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT) with questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and General Knowledge. The questions will cover mostly the 11th & 12th class syllabus.
AIIMS 2021 Syllabus
Candidates who are seeking admission for MBBS should know about the complete AIIMS Syllabus mentioned below:
Physical-world and measurement, kinematics, laws of motion, work, energy and power, movement of the system of particles and rigid body, oscillations and waves, perfect gas behavior and the kinetic theory of gases, etc.
Basic concepts of chemistry, chemical thermodynamics, blocking elements, classification of elements and periodicity in properties, states of matter: gases and liquids, organic chemistry: some principles and basic techniques, etc.
The diversity of living organisms, cell: structure and function, human physiology, biology, and human welfare, biotechnology and its applications, ecology and environment, etc.
Current Affairs Business, Featured Business Line, Leading Business Officials, Famous Awards, and Awards, Major Corporate Events, World Records, Books and Authors, Science, History, etc.
AIIMS MBBS Answer Key 2021
AIIMS Answer Key will be released through online mode after the completion of the entrance test. Through the answer key, candidates will be able to assume their marks in AIIMS MBBS 2021. The answer key will be also released by the various coaching institutions for AIIMS MBBS. It will comprise of all the correct answers to the questions asked in the question paper.
AIIMS MBBS Result 2021
AIIMS, New Delhi will release the results via online mode. The results will be declared in the form of scores and percentile secured by the candidate in AIIMS MBBS 2021. Enter your candidate ID and password to access AIIMS MBBS Results. The Institute will not intimate unsuccessful candidates individually regarding the result of the test. However, the marks/ percentile scores of an individual candidate are available on AIIMS website.
Steps to Check Scores and Percentile:
Step 1: Log on to the official website of AIIMS, aiimsexams.org
Step 2: Click on the link “Result of AIIMS 2021”.
Step 3: Candidates will be required to fill in the asked details, i.e. Candidate ID, Password, and a security pin.
Step 4: Login after filling and rechecking the details.
Step 5: The result will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Download AIIMS MBBS 2021 Result and print it out for a further procedure of admission.
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff 2021
The cutoff score is the minimum score which has to be secured by a candidate to get admission in AIIMS. As per the AIIMS MBBS 2021 qualifying criteria,
- Cutoff for general category candidates will be 50% while for OBC candidates, it will be 45%.
- The cut off will be determined on the basis of percentile as the examination will be held in two shifts.
- Normalization Procedure will be used for determining the qualifying criteria.
The cut off score for different categories is mentioned below:
|Category||AIIMS Cut off Marks|
AIIMS MBBS Selection Process 2021
Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective AIIMS to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective Institute.
Based on the result of the competitive entrance examination, merit lists will be prepared. Inter se merit of two or more candidates in the same category obtaining equal marks in the competitive entrance examination will be determined in order of preference as described below:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in the entrance examination.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
Note: The selected candidates will have to undergo a medical examination that will be set up by the Institute. If a candidate is found medically unfit, he/she will be rejected. In that case, the next candidate in order of merit will be admitted.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2021
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Counselling is the last round of the selection process.
- AIIMS MBBS 2021 Counselling will commence from July onwards.
- Merit list will be prepared category-wise on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam.
- Applicants are invited for counselling on the basis of rank secured in the merit list.
Candidates are required to carry the following documents at the time of the counselling process:
- AIIMS MBBS 2021 Admit Card
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as a proof of date of Birth
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- Certificate & Mark-sheet of Secondary Class mentioning Date of Birth
- Marks Sheet of Sr. Secondary Class (12th Class)
Candidates should also carry following certificates, if applicable:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. PH certificate issued by any other Authority / Hospital will NOT be entertained.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/Jobs. (OBC applicants belonging to the Creamy Layer shall not be eligible for reserved seats).
Names of AIIMS 2021
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bathinda
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bhopal
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bhubaneswar
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Deogarh
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Gorakhpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Jodhpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Kalyani
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Patna
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Raipur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rae Bareli
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Mangalagiri
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Nagpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Telangana
AIIMS 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates must check these preparation tips while preparing for AIIMS 2021:
- Candidates must prepare a syllabus according to 11th& 12th level topics from NCERT books.
- Make a proper timetable and allot equal time for each subject.
- Solve sample paper & last year question papers.
- Practice from books & internet for the General Knowledge section.
- Attempt online mock tests and analyze the standard of your preparation.
- Take proper rests in between the study schedule.
- Study from good sources of study materials highly recommended.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 FAQs
Ques. Where can I access the prospectus for AIIMS MBBS 2021?
Ans. You can access it on the official website aiimsexams.org. No hard copies of the prospectus will be available.
Ques. Do I have to mention my choice of AIIMS while filling the form?
Ans. No. This will be done only during the counselling procedure.
Ques. What is the last date to fill the form?
Ans. From this year, there will be two stages in the registration for AIIMS MBBS. The last date to finish AIIMS Basic Registration is January 2021 and for AIIMS Final Registration is March, 2021.
Ques. Do I need to upload any documents while filling the form?
Ans. Candidates only have to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature and thumb impression while filling the AIIMS MBBS application form.
Ques. How can I check the status of my application?
Ans. Once you log in to your account, the status of your application will be visible on the dashboard after a week of registering.
Ques. Why did the registration process change in AIIMS MBBS 2021?
Ans. From past experience, it was been found that a majority of rejections were due to improper filling of details other than educational qualifications.
Ques: Can I submit the application fee through offline mode?
Ans: No, you will be only able to submit the fee through online gateway.
Ques: Is the Application fee amount refundable?
Ans: No, the AIIMS MBBS 2021 Application Fee will be non-refundable in any case.
Ques: I am physically handicapped, Do I have to pay any fee?
Ans: No, the fee will be exempted for Physically Handicapped candidates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.