CAT Exam 2021 is scheduled to be held on Nov 28 in online mode. The last date to complete the registration process is over and now the conducting body will release CAT 2021 Admit Card on Oct 27. Last year due to the COVID-19 situation, CAT Exam Pattern was revised and this year also CAT 2021 is to be held on the same guidelines as of the previous year. CAT 2021 is to be held in 3 sessions for a duration of 120 minutes with the same revised number of questions i.e. 76.
For effective preparations, candidates can pick the important topics of CAT Syllabus. CAT 2021 aspirants can also download the section-wise CAT Previous Years Question Papers to check their preparation level. CAT Question papers will also help you in getting an idea about the type of MCQ and TITA questions asked in the papers. Download CAT Sample Paper
What is CAT Exam? Common Admission Test (CAT) is an entrance exam to get into 2 year MBA programs at 20 IIMs in India. Every year, over 2 lakh candidates participate in CAT Exam to get admission against 5000+ seats. IIMs offer education from the best-qualified faculty and a chance to study with top-class students of India.
CAT 2020 had been conducted successfully by IIM-Indore and IIMs had released the final lists of CAT shortlisted candidates for the admission cycle. Know More IIM Common Application Process (IIM CAP). In the 2021-23 admissions, IIM Ahmedabad had decreased the weightage of CAT exam from 80% to 65%. This had increased the chance of candidates from diverse backgrounds to sit for the selection process. IIM Ahmedabad Selection Process
Common Admission Test Highlights
|CAT 2021 Conducting Body||IIM-A|
|CAT Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
|Number of Sections||3 Sections: QA, VARC, DILR|
|CAT 2021 Application Mode||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English (Exam is conducted in CBT mode)|
|CAT Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org; 1800-2090-830|
CAT Exam Dates 2021
CAT Exam Dates 2021 mentioned below are final. CAT 2021 aspiring candidates can bookmark this page & keep visiting to get the fastest update on CAT Exam Schedule & Dates
|Release of CAT 2021 Official Notification||August 1, 2021|
|Release of CAT Registration 2021||August 4, 2021 at 10:00 AM|
|Last date for CAT registration 2021||September 22, 2021 till 5:00 PM (Extended)|
|CAT 2021 Form Correction Start Date||September 25, 2021 from 10:00 AM|
|CAT 2021 Form Correction Last Date||September 27, 2021 from 5:00 PM|
|Release of CAT Admit card 2021||October 27, 2021 at 5:00 PM|
|CAT exam 2021 date||November 28, 2021|
|Release of CAT Answer key 2021||December 2021|
|CAT Result 2021 declaration||January 2022|
How to Download CAT 2021 Admit Card?
CAT Admit Card 2021 is to be released on October 27. All the successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit cards online till the date of examination i.e. Nov 28, 2021. CAT Admit Card will be released in PDF format which can be downloaded by visiting the official website. Check the important steps mentioned below to download CAT Admit Card:
- Step 1: Go to the website of CAT i.e. iimcat.ac.in.
- Step 2: Use your login credentials to log in to the portal and then click on ‘Download CAT 2021 Admit Card’.
- Step 3: Download the Admit Card and save it for future use.
CAT Exam Centers 2021
CAT 2021 is to be held in 425 test centers across 159 exam cities in the nation. The one CAT 2021 Exam Centers allotted to the candidates will be based on the 6 exam centers preferences filled by the candidates.
- No changes in CAT exam centers will be entertained after the release of CAT admit cards. However, the opportunity to change the test city preference was provided during the form correction window.
- Google Map Link will also be mentioned in your admit card which will help you in getting the right direction to the CAT exam center.
- The newly added CAT Exam Center for this year is Kashmir.
CAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2021
CAT exam pattern 2021 is the same as it was in CAT 2020.
- Time Duration & Total Questions: CAT test duration has been trimmed to 120 minutes from 180 minutes.
- Total Sections: CAT consists of following three sections:
- TITA Type Questions – No Negative Marks: Around 25% or 20-25 questions will be TITA-type questions in CAT 2021. No marks will be deducted for wrong answers while answering TITA-type questions that means candidates can score high marks if they solve TITA questions with a 90% accuracy rate.
- MCQ Type Questions: Remaining 70-75% CAT question paper will have MCQ type questions only. Candidates will also face negative marks for marking wrong answers in the case of MCQ-type questions.
- CAT Marking Scheme: For every correct answer 3 marks will be awarded and a penalty of 1/3 negative marks is there for wrong answers.
CAT Exam Syllabus 2021: Important Topics
Following the trends of previous years, CAT Syllabus 2021 will also be based on10th -12th standard chapters and largely remains undefined. To help CAT 2021 aspring candidates in preparation, IIM will also release the CAT Mock Test which highlights question types and syllabus.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Mensuration, Modern Maths, etc.|
|VARC||Passages, Fill in the blanks, Para Jumble, Para Completion, Fact Inference Judgement, Sentence Correction, etc.|
|DILR||Tables, Pie Charts, Seating Arrangement, Logical Deduction, Cause and Effect, Calendars, Clocks, Blood Relations, Venn Diagrams, etc.|
Difficulty Level of CAT Question Paper
Based on the experience of test takers and experts, the difficulty level and some of the important topics from the previous year’s CAT exam are provided in the table below. Also, in the 2020 CAT exam, the questions and time duration were reduced due to the COVID-19 situation.
|CAT Section||Total Questions||CAT Slot 1||CAT Slot 2||CAT Slot 3||Topics|
|CAT VARC Paper Analysis||26||Difficult||Easy||Moderate||RC, Para Summary, Odd Sentence, Para jumbles|
|CAT DILR Paper Analysis||24||Easy||Moderate||Difficult||Sales Figures, Scheduling, Parking Slots, Votes polled|
|CAT Quant Paper Analysis||26||Moderate||Moderate||Easy||Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry|
What should be CAT Preparation Plan 2021?
CAT Preparation should constitute over 50% of time spent on solving mock papers and practice papers. The weak areas needs to be addressed with the help of self-study or some mentor or coaching institutes. CAT Exam is considered one of the most competitive exams in our country, given by lakhs of candidates each year to get selected in 21 IIMs located across the country. As the number of applicants increases each year, the exam is getting tougher day by day.
- CAT Preparation time for an average candidate varies between 8-10 months. Read preparation strategy for all the sections
- Sections like Verbal Ability and Reading comprehension is becoming a major hurdle. Conceptual questions are becoming less intensive with more occurrence of IQ based questions in every section.
Subject Wise Preparation for CAT 2021
|CAT Subject||CAT Preparation Tips|
|CAT DILR Preparation Strategy 2021|| |
|CAT VARC Preparation Strategy 2021|| |
|CAT Quant Preparation Strategy 2021|| |
CAT Study Notes for Preparation
|CAT Preparation Tips, Study Notes & Sample Questions|
|CAT Preparation: DILR||CAT Preparation: QA||CAT Preparation: VARC|
|Seating Arrangement||Tricks to Solve QA Questions in 1 Minute||Reading Comprehension|
|Logical Reasoning||How to Prepare for CAT Arithmetic?||Para Completion|
|Venn Diagrams||How to Prepare for CAT Mensuration?||Fill in the Blanks|
|Bar Graphs||Shortcut Methods for CAT QA||Para Jumbles|
|DILR Solved Questions||QA Solved Questions||VARC Solved Questions|
CAT Preparation Tips from Topper’s Interviews
Key Takeaways from CAT 2020 for CAT 2021 Aspirants- CAT exam pattern is slowly moving towards an IQ-based Test rather than a Knowledge-based test. The test that earlier gave an upper hand to engineering students is now touching the level of GMAT.
|Tips Advised by Toppers||DILR|| |
To crack DILT focus more on Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables, Case Study Type of Questions
|VARC||Start with the easy question and slowly progress to the moderate and difficult questions. Solve a maximum number of questions to improve speed while solving RC.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Learn the shortcut and tricks from the internet. There are several free resources available from where you can get questions and answers as well as formulas with tips and tricks.|
Best CAT Books for Preparation
Ekansh Agrawal (CAT 2020 99.98 Percentile) solved 60% of the book Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma. Many books can be preferred while preparing for CAT. Check out CAT Books for Preparation
|Arun Sharma CAT Books||Publication|
|How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||McGraw Hill Publication|
|How to Prepare Logical Reasoning for CAT||McGraw Hill Publication|
|How To Prepare For Data Interpretation for CAT||McGraw Hill Publication|
|Other Best CAT Books||Author|
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Nishit Sinha (2016)|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension for CAT||Meenakshi Upadhyay and Arun Sharma (8th Edition)|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Nishit Sinha (2016)|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis (2019)|
CAT Sample Paper and Mock Test
CAT Mock Test will be released by IIM-A a few weeks before the exam date. Till that time candidates can download the PDFs of CAT previous year question papers provided in the table below:
|Section & Slot Number||CAT Question Paper 2020||CAT Answer Key 2020||CAT Question Paper 2019||CAT Answer Key 2019|
|CAT Quant Slot 1||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|CAT DILR Slot 1||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|CAT VARC Slot 1||Download||Download||Download||Download|
Download More PDFs:
|CAT Previous Year Question Papers of VARC||CAT Previous Year Question Papers of QA||CAT Previous Year Question Papers of DILR|
Is CAT 2021 Coaching Helpful?
For the preparation of CAT exam 2021, candidates can take help from CAT Coaching. These days coaching is offered in both the modes online + classroom.
- Many toppers have taken coaching of the entire CAT syllabus or single section depending upon the preparation level.
- Before shortlisting any coaching institute make sure you take a mock test using CAT Previous Year papers to get an idea of which part of the syllabus should be focussed.
- You should also ask for a demo class from the institute to get a feel of actual course delivery.
Check CAT Coaching Links:
CAT Marking Scheme & Percentile
CAT score is the total marks obtained by a candidate in the entrance exam. Conventionally CAT is a 300 marks exam scored from 100 questions i.e. 3 marks per question and one negative mark for a wrong answer. The score is not widely circulated data for CAT but percentile. Many IIMs also consider sectional cut off. For example IIM Trichy sectional cut off is 80, 80, and 95 for QA, VARC & DILR respectively overall it is 94.
CAT Percentile Vs Marks
- Percentile can be mapped with the score based on this CAT Percentile vs Score analysis.
- It has been seen that colleges like IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-C, IIM-I, IIM-K, IIM-L shortlist 99+ percentile candidates for the admission process.
- With good attempts of around 18-20 and a raw score of 46-52 candidates can expect 98 to 99 Percentiles in the respective sections. On the other hand with good attempts of around 13-15 and a raw score of 35-41 candidates can expect a 95+ Percentile.
- The relation between CAT Percentile and Marks varies for each section as it depends on the score normalization process.
|CAT percentile range||CAT overall score|
CAT 2021 Cut Off & Selection Process
The selection process of IIMs does not consider CAT Cut off as only qualifying criteria instead they test students on further rounds of Written Aptitude Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD), followed by a personal interview round. A certain weightage from CAT Exam, GD/WAT, PI, and performance in graduation, 10th and 10+2 exam is considered to decide the selection. Checkout IIM Ahmedabad selection process in this snapshot.
Check out this answer on Collegedunia Q&A Platform around CAT Interview at IIM Calcutta What was Your IIM Calcutta Interview Experience like?
|Approx. CAT Cut-Off Percentiles (General Category)||Institutes|
|CAT Percentile 98.5+||IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-C, IIM-I, IIM-K, IIM-L, FMS, IIT- B, MDI-PGPM, RGIIMS|
|CAT Percentile 96.5+||IIT-D, SPJIMR, JBIMS, NITIE-PGDIM, MDI-PGP HR/IM, IIM-KS, IIM-RH, IIM-RN, IIM-RP, IIM-T, IIM-UP|
|CAT Percentile 94.5+||IIT-C, IIT-KH, IIT-KN, IIT-R, IISc-B, IIM-A (ABM), IIM-Asr, IIM-BG, IIM-L (ABM), IIM-N, IIM-Sam, IIM-Srm, IIM-V, MDI-M|
|CAT Percentile 90+||BIM, FSM, IRMA, IMI-D, IMT-G/N, KJSIMSR, MICA, NIRMA, PUMBA, SPJAIN-D/S, TAPMI, UBS-CHD|
|CAT Percentile 87+||BIMTECH-PGDM/IB, GLIM, IBS-ICFAI, IFMR, IMI-K/B, IMT-H LBSIM, LIBA, MFC-DU, MIB-DU, MHROD-DU, WIMDR-M|
|CAT Percentile 85+||AJKMCRC, BIMTECH-Retail/Insurance, IIFM, ISBM-P, IIMC (Mass Com Delhi), MISB, MBE-DU, WIMDR-B|
CAT IIM Selection & Admission Process
Certain key changes have been observed in IIM Selection Process for 2021-23 admission process. CAT 2020 cut off has been reduced for 1st stag of shortlisting. Candidates must note that IIM Rohtak does not consider sectional CAT cut offs, instead, it shortlist candidates based on their overall CAT score. Female candidates will be awarded bonus marks in IIM Admission process. Many IIMs will not conduct WAT and will organize PI online.
What is CAP Admission Criteria in IIMs:
CAT Common Admission Process or CAT CAP is a centralized counselling process conducted for admission in the new IIMs and they are IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Kashipur, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Jammu, IIM Ranchi, IIM Trichy, IIM Udaipur.
- Benefitof CAP counselling process is that the common rules or criteria are followed i.e the qualifying cut off will be the same for these institutes.
- Also, a combined GD and PI round will be conducted for all the candidates and in the end, each IIM prepares its individual merit list to offer admission.
- Last year CAP counselling was conducted by IIM Kashipur.
IIMs Waitlist Movement
- Once the candidates are shortlisted for the final admission process, one more batch of eligible students is kept on the waiting list. If a student does not opt for admission in the institute, then that seat goes for the candidate in the waiting list.
- In simple words, we can say that IIM waitlist means or consists of the number of seats that move up from the waitlist to offer.
- No IIM releases the list of waitlists of candidates publically, however, based on various sources like Quora, Blogs, Students interactions etc the data has been curated. Read More CAT IIM Selection Process
|Type||Total Intake||Shortlisted Candidates||Seats filled|
|IIMs||Batch 2019-21||Batch 2020-22||Batch 2019-21||Batch 2020-22||Batch 2019-21||Batch 2020-22|
Last Year Waitlist Movement Trend
From the image provided below candidates can check the Waitlist Movement Trend of various IIMs.
MBA College Accepting CAT Score (Above 90 Percentile)
|College||Total Fees (Approx)||Average Placement Packages|
|Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM)||Rs. 13,75,000||10 LPA|
|Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kgp||Rs. 7,36,000||16.50 LPA|
|University Business School (UBS)||Rs. 32,874||9.5 LPA|
|MICA||Rs. 18,50,000||12.8 LPA|
|Delhi School of Management (DSM)||Rs. 1,58,000||7.5 LPA|
|Institute of Rural Management (IRMA)||Rs. 11,50,000||10.95 LPA|
|Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research||Rs. 11,00,000||11 LPA|
|Institute for Financial Management and Research||Rs 12,00,000||9 LPA|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research||Rs. 16,25,000||22 LPA|
|Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University||Rs. 98,888||9 LPA|
|Institute of Finance and International Management||Rs. 11,00,000||19 LPA|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education||Rs. 1,36,000-1,53,000||10.43 LPA|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||Rs. 4,77,00||11.76 LPA|
|Institute of Public Enterprise||Rs. 8,00,000||6.09 LPA|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management||Rs. 6,60,000||6 LPA|
|SCMS Cochin School of Business||Rs.. 7,50,000||5 LPA|
|Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune||Rs. 1,32,000||6.43 LPA|
|Woxsen School of Business||Rs. 34,60,000||8.1 LPA|
|Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Usha and Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management||Rs. 12,25,000||4.5 LPA|
|DoMS, IISc||Rs. 70,000||24.5 LPA|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research||Rs. 11,93,000||5 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Forest Management||Rs. 4,80,000||7.5 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam||Rs. 9,00,000||13.08 LPA|
|Trinity College for Management and Technology||RS. 2,12,000||3 LPA|
|BITS School of Management, BITSOM, Mumbai||Rs. 24.5 Lakhs (Total)||NA|
MBA College Accepting CAT Score (80-90 Percentile)
|College||80-90 Percentile||College||Above 85 Percentile|
|Fore School of Management||Rs 15.98 lakh||IMI, Delhi||Rs 16.95 lakh|
|Goa Institute of Management||Rs 16.98 lakh||Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur||Rs 12.05 lakh|
|International Management Institute, Delhi||Rs 17.68 lakh||Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli||Rs 13.75 lakh|
|S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research||Rs 17.50 lakh||Delhi School of Management-DTU||Rs 3.17 lakh|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai||Rs 15.26 lakh||KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai||Rs 7.08 lakh|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management||Rs 15.29 lakh||Department of Management Sciences, Pune University||Rs 1.33 lakh|
|T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal||Rs 14.60 lakh||Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur||Rs 7.36 lakh|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management development & Research, Bangalore||Rs 11 lakh||Department of Management Studies, IIM Madras||Rs 7 lakh|
|Amity University, Gurgaon||Rs 8.20 lakh||Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee||Rs 8 lakh|
|Amity University, Gwalior||Rs 8.20 lakh||School of Management, Manipal University||Rs 6.86 lakh|
MBA College Accepting CAT Score (60-80 Percentile)
With preparation for one of the most favored management entrance tests in the nation CAT, aspirants also are in search of colleges that will grant admission at specified scores. Top scorers are usually aware of which college they will get a seat in, but students with a relatively low score are unaware of where to head forward. So here’s a list of colleges divided between different CAT Percentile Range where students can seek admission with designated scores along with their fee structure for the degree program.
- List of Top Colleges Participating in CAT
- To check your expected percentile, use CAT Percentile Predictor
Candidates should not get confused about the colleges accepting low percentile not accepting higher CAT percentile. Seats will be granted based on higher scores between two candidates.
The list below marks ten colleges in each percentile range, but does not follow any rank preference.
|College||60-70 Percentile||College||70-80 Percentile|
|Christ University Institute of Management, Bangalore||Rs 17.87 lakh||Alliance School of Business - Alliance University, Bangalore||Rs 13.50 lakh|
|IILM Institute for Higher Education, Delhi||Rs 12.90 lakh||Amity Business School, Noida||Rs 12.80 lakh|
|Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad||Rs 10.04 lakh||Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida||Rs 12 lakh|
|Amrita School of Business - Bangalore||Rs 10 lakh||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon||Rs 11.76 lakh|
|Acharya Bangalore B-School||Rs 8.10 lakh||Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, (XIME Bangalore), Hosur Road, Bangalore||Rs 10 lakh|
|International School of Business & Media, Pune||Rs 8.90 lakh||Amity University, Mumbai||Rs 10.00 lakh|
|AIMS Institutes (AIMS), Bangalore||Rs 8.10 lakh||CMS Business School, J.P. Nagar, Bangalore||Rs 9.90 lakh|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani||Rs 8.04 lakh||RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University, Noida||Rs 9.5 lakh|
|School of Petroleum Management-PDPU, Ahmedabad||Rs 8.20 lakh||Asia-Pacific Institute of Management (AIM, Delhi)||Rs 9.65 lakh|
|New Delhi Institute of Management||Rs 7.25 lakh||Universal Business School, Sion, Mumbai||Rs 8.78 lakh|
CAT Registration, Eligibility & Reservation 2021
CAT Eligibility & Reservation 2021
CAT 2021 Eligibility is 50% in graduation for general candidates and CA, CS, ICWA degrees are also eligible to take the exam. There is no limit to take the CAT exam. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the last two years, most of the candidates have been awarded “promotion/pass” certification in place of mark sheets. Therefore conducting body has allowed the candidate to complete & submit the CAT2021 application form despite the requirements of minimum eligibility criteria by choosing the option of Promotion or Pass in the application form.
- The above-mentioned exception is only valid for the 2021 examination.
- Candidates who have completed UG in the years 2020 & 2021 or are in the final years and will be completing UG in 2021 & 2022 can take the benefit of new CAT eligibility
- Reservation in the CAT exam is offered to the reserved quota students as per the GOI guidelines.
- There is a 5% relaxation in the qualifying percentage and also the qualifying percentile is subsidized for such candidates. Check More about CAT Reservation details
How to do CAT Registration 2021?
For CAT Registration candidates are advised to follow the below mentioned points:
- Do not forget to select or opt for the IIMs while filling the CAT Registration form. You can either pick the IIMs in which you are interested in taking admission or select all the IIMs mentioned in the list.
- Carefully enter all the details asked in the CAT Application Form like fill all the four exam center preferences carefully, entering academic details, etc.
- All the CAT 2021 aspiring candidates are advised to upload the required documents as per the mentioned specification only to avoid any inconvenience. Read More
- CAT Registration fees as discussed in the opening lines is 2000 for general candidates and 50% rebate is offered for female and reserved quota candidates. The payment can be made online only.
|Category||CAT Registration Fee|
|SC/ ST||INR 1100|
|PwD/ DA||INR 1100|
CAT Form Correction 2021
CAT 2021 form correction window was available from September 25 to 27. During that time periods candidates can edit the following details:
- Test City Preferences.
CAT Form correction option was valid only for those candidates who had paid the applicable registration fee and had registered successfully for CAT 2021 within the specified deadline.
IIM Ahmedabad to Conduct CAT 2021
IIM Ahmedabad is conducting CAT 2021. Candidates can check the changes introduced by IIM-A in the previous years when the exam had been conducted by the institute. However, no changes have been introduced to CAT 2021 exam pattern yet. Check Complete details at CAT Exam Pattern
- IIM Ahmedabad introduced the 3 sections in CAT. Also, 32 questions in one section & 34 in the other two sections were introduced by IIM-A in 2015. The distribution of the questions is the same since 2015.
- Before that only 2 sections were there in CAT with 50 questions each.
- Due to the current situation of pandemic, candidates can also expect some changes in CAT exam pattern to ensure the safe and smooth conduct of the exam.
Changes in CAT Exam Last Year
- The application fee for CAT exam was increased from INR 1,900 to 2,000 for General category students and from INR 950 to 1,000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Candidates can now select up to six cities for CAT Exam center choice.
- Also total CAT Exam slots were increased from 2 to 3 i.e. Slot 1- 8:30 AM to 10:30 PM, slot 2 - 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM, slot 3 - 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Last year the time duration of CAT exam was reduced to 120 minutes from 180 minutes i.e. 40 minutes for each section due to COVID-19 for that particular CAT exam only.
CAT Exam Important Points
- No Extra Fees to Apply for IIMs – CAT Registration Fee of Rs.2000/- for General candidates and Rs.1000/- for reserved category paid by the candidates during the registration process is the only fee that needs to be paid. There will be no extra fee charged to apply for admission in IIMs.
- Degrees Accepted – Dual Degree programs are also accepted while applying for CAT exam.
- CAT Exam Day – CAT exam is conducted in a single day in 3 slots. Earlier it was conducted on multiple days. Since the exam is conducted in multiple slots CAT Normalization method is used by the authority to calculate the percentiles.
- CAT Participating colleges & IIMs: After qualifying CAT 2021 candidates will become eligible to get admission in MBA programs offered by 20 IIMs without paying any additional application fee for admission process. Other than that various other MBA colleges also accepts CAT scores.
|CAT Participating Institutes 2021||CAT IIM Selection Process 2021||CAT Rank & College Predictor 2021||CAT Practice Papers for DILR, Quant & VARC|
MBA Programs Offered by IIMs after CAT Exam
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, PGPBA|
|IIM Tirchy||PGPM, PGPBM, PGPM-HR|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, EPGP|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Indore||PGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP|
|IIM Ranchi||PGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGPX|
|IIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
CAT Exam 2021 FAQs
Ques. What is the exam date of CAT 2021
Ans. CAT 2021 is scheduled to be held on Nov 28, 2021 and candidates are advised not be believe on any fake news and always visit the official website to confirm the dates.
Ques. Due to some reasons I have changed my name after completing my Bachelor’s. So which name should I write in my CAT Application Form?
Ans. Any candidate who have changed their names are advised to write the changed name while filling up the CAT application form. However, you should also provide supporting documents to your changed name at the time of examination, interview, and admission process.
Ques. Can I appear for CAT 2021 from my personal desktop?
Ans. A candidate should appear for the examination at the prescribed date and exam center mentioned in CAT 2021 admit card. Attempting papers from workstations other than the mentioned ones will not be considered.
Ques. Is CAT score the sole criteria for getting admission into IIMs?
Ans. No, CAT score helps in shortlisting of candidates. The final admission list is declared based on the marks scored in all rounds.
Ques. I have completed a dual degree program i.e. Bachelor’s and Master’s. Which course marks should I enter in CAT Registration?
Ans. You need to enter the aggregate marks of Bachelor degree under the bachelor’s score section and the same process should be repeated for Masters.
Ques. Are 6 Months enough for CAT Preparation?
Ans. A time of 6 months is large enough to prepare for the CAT exam. Preparation largely consists of practicing questions and topics of the different questions. If done diligently, six months is enough to clear the CAT Cut Offs of major colleges.
Ques. Is CAT Score valid for 2 years?
Ans. No, the CAT scores are valid for a period of 1 year only. Post 1 year, candidates have to re-attempt CAT and clear the Cut Off again to secure admission to their preferred college.
Ques. Who will set CAT 2021?
Ans. CAT Exam is managed and conducted by the first generation IIMs on a rotational basis, which includes the release of notifications, setting the CAT question paper, managing Cut Off etc.
Ques. Is a Calculator allowed inside the CAT Exam Center 2021?
Ans. No, a calculator will not be permitted inside the CAT Exam Center 2021. You will be frisked outside most exam centers and will be asked to keep the calculator inside your bag if you are carrying one. However, an onscreen calculator will be available on the computer you will be attempting the exam on. The calculator can perform the most basic calculations.
Ques. What is the difficulty level of CAT Exam?
Ans. The CAT exam is generally considered to be tough. The Quantitative Aptitude Section is considered to be the most difficult section followed by the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section.
Ques. Can a Third Year student apply for CAT 2021?
Ans. Yes, third-year students can apply for CAT, i.e. candidates in the final year of graduation can apply for CAT. However, admission is subject to the candidates providing proof of graduation such as mark sheets and the college they have been admitted to.
Ques. Which is the best institute for CAT Preparation?
Ans. Here are some of the best institutes for CAT Preparation -
- Career Launcher.
- Triumphant Institute of Management
- PT Education
- Bulls Eye
Ques. Can an academically weak student clear the CAT Cut Offs?
Ans. Yes, academically weak students can crack the CAT exam if they prepare for the exam properly and properly work on their weak points. However, candidates have to keep in mind that many IIMs have certain minimum academic criteria for admission.
Ques. Is GK asked in CAT?
Ans. No, GK is not asked in the CAT exam. However, other management exams such as XAT ask questions based on Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
Ques. What is the best way to prepare for CAT 2021?
Ans. CAT examination is a tough nut to crack and to qualify the examination, a year-long rigorous practice is required. Candidates who will be appearing in CAT 2021 can refer to CAT Preparation Tips (Hashlink) for better guidance.
Ques. Do I need to submit the overall percentage of marks like that in my bachelor’s degree while applying for CAT 2021?
Ans. To fulfill that CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria, you need to provide your overall percentage marks as per university norms.
Ques. Who will be conducting CAT exam 2021 and when can I fill the CAT Application forms?
Ans. IIM-A is conducting CAT 2021 and CAT Registration 2021 has been concluded on September 22, 2021. Also the last date to edit a few details in the application form is over.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.