CLAT 2022 Exam Dates are expected to be released by the 1st week of January 2022. Candidates seeking admission in UG & PG programs offered by NLU can fill CLAT 2022 Application Form tentatively from the 2nd week of January 2022. The minimum CLAT Eligibility Criteria to be fulfilled while applying for the exam will be 45% marks in class 12.
CLAT 2022 Syllabus will be based on five sections, i.e. Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, English Language, and Current Affairs. On the other hand, CLAT LLM Syllabus includes law subjects, i.e. Company Law, Constitutional Law, Family Law, and more. Based on CLAT Exam Pattern of the previous year, 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. To get better clarity on pattern, syllabus and type of questions asked in paper, candidates can download CLAT Practice Papers.
What is CLAT Exam? Common Law Admission Test commonly known as CLAT is a national-level online entrance examination conducted by Consortium for candidates seeking admission in UG and PG programs offered by 22 law institutions. Not only NLU but also various private and self-financed law colleges in India accept CLAT scores.
CLAT Cut Off 2022 is expected to be released by the last week of August 2022. Read the article to know more about dates, eligibility, pattern syllabus and much more.
CLAT 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||CLAT UG / CLAT PG|
|Conducting Body||CLAT Consortium, Bar Council of India|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||Gen/OBC/PWD/NRI - INR 4,000 SC/ST/BPL - INR 3,500|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Courses Offered||BA LLB/BBA LLB/B.Sc LLB/LLM|
CLAT 2022 Exam Dates
|Start of CLAT 2022 Online Application Form||1st week of January, 2022|
|Last Date to submit CLAT 2022 Application Form||1st week of March, 2022|
|CLAT 2022 Admit Card Release date||3rd week of April, 2022|
|CLAT 2022 Exam Date||1st week of May, 2022|
|CLAT 2022 Answer Key Release||1st week of May, 2022|
|CLAT 2022 Result Announcement||3rd week of May, 2022|
|CLAT 2022 Counselling Registration||To be notified|
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
In the below table CLAT Eligibility 2022 are given
|CLAT UG||10+2 or equivalent||Gen/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI - 45% SC/ST - 40%|
|CLAT PG||LLB/ 5-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons)/ equivalent exam||Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories - 50% SC/ ST category - 45%|
Note: There is no upper age limit for CLAT Exam.
Check CLAT Eligibility
How to Apply for CLAT 2022?
The process for CLAT Application 2022 is mentioned below.
- Go to the official website of the Consortium of NLU’s.
- Start the application process through the official website.
- Enter the email address and phone number for registration.
- After validating the number, log in to the site using the phone number and password.
- Enter the information carefully and check before going to the submit button.
- Enter preferences among the 22 national law universities.
- Pay the required amount of application fees through the online mode by using the payment portal of Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/UPI
- Upload the important documents.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Take a printout of the same.
Application Fees for CLAT 2022
In the below table, category wise CLAT Application Fee 2022 are given.
|Previous Years Question Paper (not included with application fee)||INR 500|
- CLAT Application Fees must be paid through the online mode using their payment portal.
- CLAT Application Fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
CLAT 2022 Admit Card
CLAT 2022 Admit Card will be made available on the official website. The process to download it is given below.
- Visit the NLU Consortium’s official website.
- Press on the “Click Here” tab
- Login to the site using the credentials such as registered Mobile Number and Password.
- An option for downloading the Admit Card will be displayed.
- Click on that and Save the Hall Ticket
- Take a printout of it
What is CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern?
In the below table, CLAT Exam Pattern 2022 for UG and PG programs is given.
|English (with Comprehension)||40|
- For each question, there will be 1 mark for marking the correct answer.
- As a negative marking, 0.25 will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- A total of 200 MCQ type questions will be there in the test.
- The duration of the CLAT Exam will be 2 hours.
What is the Syllabus for CLAT 2022?
Mentioned below are the syllabus of CLAT Exam taken for both UG and PG courses:
CLAT 2022 UG Syllabus
Given below are the topics covered for CLAT 2022 UG Exam:
|English||Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary etc.|
|Current Affairs||Contemporary Events of National and International Significance, Art and Culture, International Affairs, Historical Events of significance|
|Legal Reasoning||Rules and Passages of Law, Application of the rules and passages, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||Argument - Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.|
|Quantitative Techniques||Basic Algebra, Mensuration, Statistical Estimation, Graphs, Numerical Information, Ratio and Proportion etc.|
CLAT 2022 PG Syllabus
Given below are the topics covered for CLAT 2022 PG Exam:
|Constitutional Law||Subject-wise and Judicial Power; Constitution of India: Framing, Doctrine, Executive Power; Constitutional Rights; Freedom Rights|
|Criminal Law||Elements of Crime, Group Liability, Abetment, Criminal Conspiracy, Exceptions, Attempt to Commit Offences, Offences Against Public Tranquility, Offences against Body|
|Torts||Classification of Torts, Trespass, Nuisance, Defamation, Liability for Misstatements, Negligence|
|International Law||Origin and Development of International Law and Bodies, International Law of Sea, Air, Land, Overview of International Law|
|Intellectual Property Rights||Nature, Definition and Scope of IPR, Trademarks Act 1999, Patents Act 1970, Copyright Act 1957, IPR in International Perspective|
CLAT 2022 Preparation Plan and Tips
In the below section, subject-wise preparation strategies for CLAT 2022 are mentioned.
English Language Preparations
- All the questions from this section are framed from the 10+2 level syllabus.
- The topic of the passage can vary; it can be technical, scientific topics, or current issues, or historical events of significance, but prior knowledge in these subjects is not required.
- Understand the main focus of the passage first, followed by 5 W's- Who, What, Why, When, and Where.
- Vocabulary questions are of 2 types, i.e. the meaning of a word or phrase or the meaning of a word or phrase in the context of the passage
- Regularly read the editorial sections of reputed newspapers and magazines, especially if written by imminent lawyers on issues about the law.
- With the help of grammar books of 10+2 level, candidates can have a clear idea of all the topics.
Logical Reasoning Preparations
- Must identify all the premises along with the conclusion by which the subject matter can be identified.
- Analyse all the sets of arguments.
- Try to read all the sections carefully and make it a habit to avoid some misleading questions.
- Sometimes the same passage can be used for English and Legal Reasoning. Consider this while preparing.
- Candidates should solve all the previous year’s question papers along with the sample question. Try to use some reputed sources such as the Consortium of NLUs.
Quantitative Techniques Preparations
- Practice all the primary topics from 10th and 12th standard mathematics books to clear any doubts.
- Questions in the exam comprise graphs, pictorial representations of data, tables, etc.
- Do make a formula cheat sheet and try to stick it whenever you see it a lot, like in front of your study table to memorise all the important formulas without any difficulties.
Legal Reasoning Preparations
- All types of factual information will be there in the passages. It will help to gain some basic legal awareness.
- Divide all the main topics into subtopics to keep the words like ‘AND’ and ‘OR’. A similar case needs to be repeated with facts.
- Never apply biases or previous knowledge of the law to the answer you mark. Try to answer based on details given to you.
- The section of logical reasoning along with legal reasoning and the English language is almost similar. Before preparation, try to keep it in mind.
- Try to practise all the sections of legal reasoning daily for not less than 30 minutes.
- It is very important to go through all the essays and columns by prominent lawyers, judges and other law experts. You can also watch lectures by famous lawyers on YouTube.
Current Affairs & General Knowledge Preparations
- Questions can come from any prominent topic. Candidate’s need to be aware of current international and national news.
- Try to browse through all the reputed newspapers and magazines daily.
- Do watch unbiased news on different topics as it also helps for the preparation for the exam.
- Practise a Current Affairs passage daily.
CLAT 2022 Preparation Books
In the below table, some of the best books are recommended.
|Name of Book||Authors Name|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning (English)||MK Pandey|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Pearson’s|
Check CLAT Preparation Tips
CLAT 2022 Result and Merit List
Given below is the process to download and view CLAT Results 2022.
- For viewing CLAT Results, candidate’s must click on the link “Result” on the official site, which will be available after CLAT Results Declaration.
- Following this, click on the tab “View Result”
- After that log in to the site using your phone number and password.
- After releasing CLAT Result 2022, candidates will receive a provisional admission to an NLU. Based on preference and merit rank secured in CLAT 2022.
- On the website, a merit list containing the name of the colleges will be released on the official website. And it will be placed under the “Result” tab.
CLAT 2022 Counselling
Given below are the step-by-step instructions to register for CLAT Counselling.
- Step 1: Go to the official website and check the merit list of shortlisted candidates for CLAT Counselling.
- Step 2: Through the online mode, enter the preferences for NLU and can choose 6 NLU.
- Step 3: Pay the prescribed application fee online at the portal.
After the completion of the process given above, Seat Allotment Results will be released by the concerned authority and after that, all the shortlisted candidates need to confirm their seats.
Shortlisted candidates will have 3 options:
- Accept/Lock the seat.
- After accepting the seat, candidates need to upload the required documents.
- After that candidates must pay their admissions fee to the allotted college.
- Candidates must submit all the important documents and pay the requisite amount to the NLU
- Exit admission process
Check CLAT Rank Predictor
CLAT Previous Year’s Cut-offs
In the section below, CLAT Cut-offs for the previous years are mentioned.
|Colleges||Cut Off (2021)||Cut Off (2020)|
|National Law School of India University||59-66||119.5 - 120.5|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research||130-135||114 - 115|
|National Law Institute University||351-386||107 - 108|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences||213-260||112 - 113|
|National Law University Jodhpur||343-376||109 - 111|
|Hidayatullah National Law University||574-657||103 - 104|
|Gujarat National Law University||453-494||106 - 107|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||627-668||100 - 102|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||801-924||99 - 100|
|Chanakya National Law University||909-1186||95 - 96|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies||826-928||99 - 100|
|National Law University Odisha||1023-1167||97 - 98|
|National University of Study and Research in Law||1051-1255||94 - 95|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy||1124-1556||93 - 94|
|Tamil Nadu National Law School||1151-1571||92 - 93|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University||1180-1432||92 - 93|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai||478-503||105 - 106|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur||1126-1532||91 - 92|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad||--||91 - 92|
|Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur||--||87 - 88|
|MPDNLU, Jabalpur||--||90 - 91|
|HPNLU, Shimla||--||89 - 90|
CLAT 2022 Participating Colleges
In the below table, a list of participating colleges in CLAT 2022 is given.
|List of CLAT Participating Colleges|
|National Law School of India University||National University of Study and Research in Law|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research||National Law University and Judicial Academy|
|National Law Institute University||Tamil Nadu National Law School|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences||Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University|
|National Law University Jodhpur||Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai|
|Hidayatullah National Law University||Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur|
|Gujarat National Law University||Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||National University of Advanced Legal Studies|
|Chanakya National Law University||National Law University Odisha|
CLAT 2021 FAQs
Ques. When will CLAT 2022 be conducted?
Ans. CLAT 2022 is expected to be conducted in the second week of May, 2022. The conducting body is yet to release an official notification regarding CLAT 2022.
Ques. When will the registration process for CLAT 2022 commence?
Ans. The registration process for CLAT 2022 is expected to be started in the first week of January, 2022. The official notification is due to be released on December 2021.
Ques. What will happen if I apply for CLAT 2021 more than once?
Ans. Your last application for CLAT 2022 will be taken into consideration If you apply for the entrance test more than once. Based on CLAT Application 2022 last submitted, the result will be released.
Ques. What are the criteria to break the tie in CLAT 2022 for the UG program?
Ans. For CLAT 2022 a tie-breaker will be decided based on the factors given below
- Marks obtained in the legal aptitude section.
- Computerised draw of lots.
Ques. Can engineering graduates apply for CLAT 2022 to pursue a PG program?
Ans. As per the eligibility criteria for CLAT 2022, engineering graduates cannot apply for CLAT PG. As eligibility criteria, candidates must hold a UG degree in law. However, they can apply for the CLAT UG program given that they have the minimum qualification of 10+2 of 45% for Gen/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI and 40% for SC/ST.
Ques. What is the minimum rate of acceptance for applying to top NLUs through CLAT 2022?
Ans. The minimum rate of acceptance for applying to the top NLUs through CLAT 2021 is around 3% as each year, around 70,000 to 75,000 candidates register themselves for the test. But there are only 2,175 seats available in all the NLUs.
Ques. Is AILET or CLAT 2022 more difficult?
Ans. AILET is considered more difficult than CLAT 2022 because of the limited availability of the number of seats. Though both the exam patterns are similar, Delhi Law University comparatively has a small number of seats for the law course to the 23 NLUs in the contentment.
Ques. I did science in 12th standard. Is CLAT 2022 a good option for me?
Ans. CLAT is considered the best option for most of the candidates who want to pursue Law. By taking good preparation for CLAT 2022, one can get a high score and can easily take admission into a top NLU.
Ques. What is the duration I need to take for the preparation of CLAT 2022 and to get into a top NLU?
Ans. It takes 8-16 months to prepare. But it depends on the candidates. For those candidates who are new to this field, the time takes longer than the usual time. For CLAT 2022, you can follow the duration given above.
Ques. What documents do I need to keep for filling up the application form for CLAT 2022?
Ans. The document that the candidate needs to submit during CLAT 2022 Application form process is:
- Aspirant’s Passport size photo (must be front-facing with a white background)
- Signature of Aspirant
- Educational Documents
- BPL Certificate (If Applicable)
- PWD Certificate (If Applicable)
- SC/ST/OBC Category Certificate(If Applicable)
Ques. Can I receive CLAT Result 2022 via registered mail ID?
Ans. No, CLAT Result 2022 will not be sent by any mail ID. All candidates must check and download the scorecard only from the official website.
Ques. Can I download CLAT Admit Card 2022 on the day of the exam?
Ans. Yes. you can download CLAT Admit Card 2022 on the day of the exam. But you need to log in for that.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.