IIT JAM 2022 Exam is to be held on Feb 13, 2022 in an online mode. Candidates planning to appear for the exam can fill IIT JAM 2022 Application Forms that have been released on Aug 25. The last date to complete the online registration is Oct 11, 2021. Based on the eligibility criteria of IIT JAM, candidates must have completed Bachelor's degree in science with a minimum of 55%. Check IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
IIT JAM 2022 will be conducted for seven Papers, namely, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Economics, Geology, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, and Physics. IIT JAM 2022 will be conducted online only as a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all Test Papers. As per IIT JAM Exam Pattern, three types of questions will be asked in the paper i.e. MCQ, MSQ, and NAT questions. IIT JAM Syllabus 2022 is also different for all the test papers and provided by the exam conducting body. Also Download IIT JAM Practice Papers
What is IIT JAM Exam? IIT JAM is a national level entrance test conducted for admission in MSc and other PG courses at IITs and integrated PhD courses at IISc, Bangalore along with other government-funded institutes. IIT JAM is conducted every year in the month of February and based on IIT JAM scores candidates can get admission to various courses.
IISC Bangalore has begun IIT JAM Counselling 2021 registration on the official website. The last date for the submission of IIT JAM Admission Form was May 17, 2021. Candidates can visit the official website to check the 2nd admission list which has been released on June 30. The first admission list based on IIT JAM scores was released on June 16, 2021. Check IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
IIT JAM 2022 Highlights
|Exam||Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.|
|Conducting Body||IIT Roorkee|
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Courses offered||M.Sc., M.Sc.+ PhD, M.Sc.+ PhD Dual Degree, M.Sc. + M.Tech and various other integrated post-graduate programs|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Eligibility Criteria|| |
General/OBC – Minimum 55% in Bachelor’s Degree
SC/ST/PwD – Minimum 50% in Bachelor’s Degree
|Mode of Application||Online|
IIT JAM 2022 Important Dates
|JAM 2022 Activity||Date (Day)|
|JAM Online Application Processing System Website Opens|
|Last Date for Online Registration/Application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website||October 11, 2021 (Monday)|
|Availability of JAM Admit Cards on the Online Application Portal (for Download and Printing)||January 04, 2022 (Tuesday)|
|Date of Examination||February 13, 2022 (Sunday)|
|Announcement of the Results||March 22, 2022 (Tuesday)|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2022 Website||April 11 – 25, 2022|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 01, 2022 (Wednesday)|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||June 16, 2022 (Thursday)|
|Declaration of Third Admission List||June 25, 2022 (Saturday)|
|Declaration of Fourth and Final Admission List||July 05, 2022 (Tuesday)|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2022||July 11, 2022 (Monday)|
IIT JAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Those wishing to appear in IIT JAM will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below:
- Nationality: Citizens from Indian states and foreign nationals are eligible.
- Age Limit: There is no age restriction.
- Educational Qualifications: Must have a degree in Bachelor’s in Science in any one of the following subjects – Geology, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Physics, Chemistry. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: At least 55% or 5.5 CGPA out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 CGPA for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by September 30, 2022.
IIT JAM 2022 Application
IIT JAM Application Form 2022 has been released on August 25, 2021 and the last date to fill the online application forms will be Oct 11, 2021. Steps for form correction are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IIT JAM
- Step 2: Enter all the required details in the form such as candidate Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, and other details.
- Step 3: Correct the details which are wrong or you wish to change.
- Step 4: Fee Payment – Pay the fees online and submit your form.
- INR 1500 for 1 paper; INR 2100 for 2 papers (General/OBC)
- INR 750 for 1 paper; INR 1050 for 2 papers (SC/ST/PWD)
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern
Although the exam pattern will vary as per the course opted by the candidate, here is a basic outline of the exam and type of questions asked in IIT JAM:
- Exam Mode: Computer-Based Test
- Medium: English
- Sections: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT)
- No. of Papers: 6 or one for each stream
- Duration: Three hours
- No. of Questions: A total of 60 questions will be asked in the examination
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Negative Marking: In Section A only.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
JAM 2022 will be conducted for seven subjects, which are Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), and Physics (PH). Earlier only Biotechnology and Computer Application papers consisted of Objective Type Questions but the IIT JAM exam pattern has changed throughout the years and the exam is now known to be an amalgam of MCQs, MSQs and NAT Questions.
IIT JAM 2022 Syllabus
No new additions have been made to IIT JAM paper pattern and syllabus in the past years. IIT JAM is set on a 10+2+3 level and comprises the following subject’s topics & chapters:
|Biotechnology (BT)||Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics|
|Chemistry (CY)||Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry|
|Geology (GG)||Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology|
|Mathematics (MA)||Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses|
|Physics (PH)||Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, Simple Oscillators|
Check the detailed subject-wise syllabus here, in order to get familiar with IIT JAM exam pattern.
Download IIT JAM 2022 Sample Papers
- IIT Roorkee will also release the IIT JAM 2022 mock test window. No login details are required to appear for the mock test.
- Applicants can get familiar with the online examination and prepare for the day of the examination. Click Here for IIT JAM 2022 Sample Papers
Candidates can click on any of the links provided below to download free sample papers for IIT JAM:
Check IIT JAM Paper Analysis
IIT JAM 2022 Answer Key
IIT Roorkee will release the IIT JAM 2022 Subject Wise Answer Key on the official website soon after the conclusion of the exam. Candidates will also get the opportunity to raise objections against the answer key. The authority will also release the IIT JAM Response sheets of candidates which can be downloaded by logging in to the personal accounts of candidates. IIT JAM 2022 Answer Keys
IIT JAM 2022 Result
IIT JAM Result 2022 will be released on March 22, 2022.
- No scorecard will be sent to candidates through offline mode.
- All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned as per the marks obtained in the examination.
- Based on the candidate’s performance in IIT JAM 2020, for each test paper, a separate merit list will be prepared for GEN/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Merit list will be based on the number of seats available in each subject and AIR of every candidate.
- The scorecard will contain AIR and marks obtained in the particular subject.
IIT JAM Toppers Scores for 2021 Exam
|IIT JAM Subject||Topper Name||Scores Out of 100|
|Biotechnology (BT)||Sudarshan Bandyopadhyay||77|
|Chemistry (CY)||Prince Sethi||83.33|
|Economics (EN)||Chandrika Chatterjee||61.33|
|Geology (GG)||Shubham Banik||90|
|Mathematics (MA)||Gaurav Aggarwal||86|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Abhradipta Ghosh||83|
|Physics (PY)||Prince Vibek Baruah||86.33|
IIT JAM Cut off 2022
IIT JAM 2022 Cut off or opening and closing ranks will also be released separately for all the courses and categories depending on the choices filled by the candidates. Till the release of official cut off by the conducting body candidates can check the previous year cut off mentioned in th table below:
IIT JAM 2022: List of Courses and Colleges Accepting Score
|Paper Code||Respective Course||List of IITs Accepting Score|
|Biotechnology(BT)||MSC Biotechnology||IIT Indore, IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee|
|MSc-PhD Dual Degree in Environmental Engg||IIT Bombay|
|Chemistry (CY)||MSc Chemistry||IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Dhanbad, Madras, Bhilai, Plakad, Varanasi|
|MSc-PhD in Chemistry||IIT Bhubaneshwar, IIT Kharagpur|
|MSc-PhD in Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences||IIT Bhubaneshwar|
|Geology (GG)||MSc Applied Geology||IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee|
|MSc-PhD Geophysics||IIT Kharagpur|
|MSc-PhD Geology||IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bhubaneshwar|
|MSc Tech in Applied Geology||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad|
|Mathematics (MA)||MSc Mathematics||IIT Bombay, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar|
|MSc Economics||IIT Roorkee|
|MSc Applied Mathematics and Computing||IIT Hyderabad, IIT-ISM Dhanbad, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bhilai|
|MSc-PhD in Mathematics||IIT Bhubaneshwar,IIT Kharagpur|
|MSc-PhD in Operation Research||IIT Bombay|
|Mathematics Statistics (MS)||MSc Applied Statistics and Informatics||IIT Bombay|
|MSc Statistics||IIT Kanpur|
|Physics (PH)||MSc Physics||IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Dhanbad, Madras, Bhilai, Plakad, Varanasi|
|MSc-PhD Physics||IIT Bhubaneshwar, IIT Kharagpur|
|MSc Astronomy||IIT Indore|
IIT JAM 2022 Counselling
Below mentioned steps are to be followed in order to gain admission in IITs and make it through the stringent selection process.
- Fill Admission Form for IIT JAM Counselling – In case candidates qualify in more than one test paper, they have to fill only one admission form as stated by the conducting authorities. After filling the duly filled admission form for counselling, a processing charge of INR 600 needs to be submitted.
- Admission List Announcement – An admission list will be declared by the conducting body IIT Kanpur when the admission form submission process gets over. The admission offer letter will be sent to candidates by respective colleges.
- Acceptance form needs to be submitted with advance seat booking fee:
|Category||Seat Booking Fee|
|General OBC-NCL||INR 10,000|
IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card
In order to download their IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card, candidates need to enter all the mandatory details such as:
- issued Enrollment ID/Email ID
- security code and other credentials
In case any candidate has forgotten their enrollment ID or password, they can recover it through the “Forget Enrollment ID or Password” option.
Note: Check the details given on the admit card properly. In case there is any discrepancy on the admit card, contact the concerned authorities immediately.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Centers
IIT JAM exam centers are spread across the nation and divided as per these eight IIT zones where the exams are held each year –
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
- Carrying IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card along with a valid ID proof to the exam center is mandatory.
- Candidates reaching late at the exam center will not be allowed to enter the exam center.
- No need to carry any notepads or rough sheets to the exam center. Candidates will be given a scribble pad for rough work.
- Communication devices like Mobile Phones, Bluetooth, microphones, etc are not allowed.
- Items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap, etc are also not allowed.
- Food items opened or packed, water bottles, etc are not allowed inside the exam center.
IIT JAM 2022 FAQs
Ques: What is the start date of IIT JAM 2022 Application process?
Ans: IIT JAM 2021 Application Forms have been released online on August 25, 2021 and the last date to fill the forms is extended till October 11, 2021. Click Here to Fill IIT JAM 2022 Application
Ques: When will IIT JAM 2022 Admit Cards be released by IIT Roorkee?
Ans: Candidates will be able to download their admit cards from January 4, 2022 from the official website.
Ques: For how many subjects is IIT JAM conducted?
Ans: JAM 2022 will be conducted for seven subjects, which are Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), and Physics (PH).
Ques: What is the eligibility criteria to appear in IIT JAM?
Ans: Candidates having a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 55% marks belonging to the General Category can apply for the exam. Aspirants from reserved SC/ST/PwD categories have a relaxation of 5% marks. Candidates appearing in their final year examination are also eligible to apply.
Ques: Can I apply to more than one test paper in IIT JAM?
Ans: Yes at the time of the Application form filling candidates can select up to 2 test papers to appear for. It should be kept in mind that there is no clash in time slots of both the papers. However, at the time of filling admission/counselling form candidates have to select one subject to fill their choice.
Ques: Do i need Maths as a subject in class 12th to appear for IIT JAM?
Ans: In most of the test papers out of 6, Mathematics is required as a compulsory subject to be eligible. Though candidates should make sure they fulfill the respective eligibility criteria of papers before applying.
Ques: Is there any benefit of appearing in IIT JAM?
Ans: IIT JAM is one of a kind science entrance test in India for admission to MSc courses in IITs and integrated MSc-PhD course in IISc Bangalore. Future prospects are also high in the field of specialization and research. Plus, there is cut-throat competition for PG courses in such prestigious institutes of national importance.
Ques: Can I get admission in IISER Bhopal through IIT JAM?
Ans: Yes, candidates whose name appears in the merit list of IIT JAM are eligible to get admission in IISER Bhopal. Though a common counselling process is conducted by IISER Bhopal and IISER Pune to final admissions.
Ques: In how many test centers is IIT JAM conducted?
Ans: On a rotational basis anyone IIT is responsible to conduct IIT JAM. It is conducted in over 65 cities across India. Candidates can select 2 exam center as their preference while filling the application form.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.