JEE Advanced 2021 will be conducted on October 3, 2021, as conveyed by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan through his official tweet. JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card has been released on September 25, 2021. Candidates who have filled the application form can download the admit card from the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in.
As per the request of students, 75% of the eligibility criteria for admissions into IITs have been scrapped this year as well. Candidates only need their 12th passing certificate to fulfill JEE Advanced Eligibility. As per JAB, candidates who missed JEE Advanced 2020 can appear in JEE Advanced 2021 without qualifying JEE Main 2021. “Further, it was decided that these candidates would be considered in addition to and not as part of the total number of candidates who would qualify from JEE Main 2021 for appearing in JEE Advanced 2021,” the statement added.
What is JEE Advanced? JEE Advanced is conducted by one of the seven zonal IITs on a rotational basis (IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, and IIT Madras) under the supervision of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). JEE Advanced is the only prerequisite for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology. Top 2,50,000 JEE Main Qualifiers sit for JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus is available separately for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
JEE Advanced 2020 was conducted successfully on September 27, 2020, more than 1.60 lakh candidates registered for the entrance test held at 1,150 centers in 222 cities across the country. JoSAA has released JEE Advanced Cut off for admissions in the form of opening and closing ranks for Round 1 – 6 have also been released.
JEE Advanced Exam Dates 2021
|JEE Advanced 2021 Registration Commences|| |
September 15, 2021
|Deadline for registration|| |
September 21, 2021
|Last Date for Application Fee Payment||September 22, 2021 (extended till 4 PM)|
|Publishing of Admit card||September 25, 2021|
|Examination day||October 3, 2021|
|Publish of answer keys||October 10, 2021|
|Challenge of answer keys||October 10 – 11, 2021|
|Result declaration of JEE Advanced 2021||October 15, 2021|
JEE Advanced 2021 Important Details
- In order to appear for JEE Advanced 2021, students are first required to clear the JEE Main 2021 examination.
- Only those students who are among the top 2,50,000 rank holders in JEE Main 2021 are eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2021.
- Qualified candidates will be offered admissions in B.tech, B.Arch., B.S programs etc. in various IITs and other prestigious engineering colleges across India.
- Online applications for the examination will be available in the month of May 2021 for the JEE advanced 2021. Read JEE Advanced 2021 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Advanced Official Brochure 2021
JEE Advanced Updated Official Brochure 2021 has been released on the official website on September 3, 2021. The updated brochure contains the latest information on exam dates, eligibility criteria, fee structure and more.The first version of JEE Advanced 2021 brochure was released on June 27, 2021. JEE Advanced 2021 Brochure contains complete information about the exam starting from exam eligibility to the result process. Some of the dates are still do be updated in the brochure with regard to JEE Advanced 2021. Download JEE Advanced 2021 Updated Brochure
JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card
JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card has been released on September 25, 2021. Steps to download your admit card -
- Candidates are required to log in to the official portal using their application number and password. Upon logging in, candidates will be able to download the admit card.
- The admit card will contain the details of the examination date and the venue for the examination.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the admit card and carry the same during the examination.
- Candidates must note that there is no provision for delivering the hard copy of the admit card via post.
- Candidates are advised to retain the admit card till the end of the admission process.
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Center
The examination centers for JEE advanced are divided into 7 zones- IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Roorkee Zone. Candidates are required to select their choice of the zone and examination city while filling up the application form.
JEE Advanced 2021 Previous Year Paper Analysis
On the basis of JEE Advanced question papers of the last three years, the following points were concluded :
- It was observed that the total number of questions per exam has remained the same during the last 3 years.
- The maximum number of questions had more than one correct option to choose from, making these types of questions the most important ones.
- It was also found that the questions with more than one correct answer were the most skipped questions during these 3 years.
- JEE Advanced 2018 saw a change in the question paper with the introduction of Matrix Match type questions and Numerical type questions. In the same year, single option questions and integer type questions were discontinued in all subjects.
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced 2021 will contain two papers - Paper 1 and Paper 2, with two language options viz. English and Hindi.
- JEE Advanced 2021 will be a computer-based test.
- Candidates will be given a time limit of 3 hours to attempt each paper.
- The test will consist of Multiple Choice Questions, Numerical Aptitude Questions and Match the cases from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The marking scheme will be provided in “Instructions to Candidates” at the time of examination.
There is no fixed pattern of the exam. Here, we have defined the JEE Advanced Exam Pattern based on the analysis of previous year question papers:
JEE Advanced Paper 1 Pattern
|Pattern||Section 1||Section 2||Section 3|
|Question Type||1 or more correct options||Single digit integer||Single option is correct|
|Number of Questions||7||5||6|
|Partial Marks (if the only correct answer is marked and no incorrect answer)||+1||No partial marking||No partial marking|
|Negative Marking||-2||No negative marking||-1|
JEE Advanced Paper 2 Pattern
|Pattern||Section 1||Section 2||Section 3|
|Question Type||1 or more correct options||Single correct option||Single correct option|
|Number of Questions||7||7||4|
|Partial Marks (if the only correct answer is marked and no incorrect answer)||+1||No partial marking||No partial marking|
|Negative Marking||-2||-1||No negative marking|
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus
IIT Kharagour has released syllabus of JEE Advanced 2021. There had been a buzz for a reduction in the syllabus but IIT Kharagpur claimed that no such consideration will be made in future JAB meetings, and the syllabus is going to remain the same. Students appearing for the exam can refer to NCERT textbooks for classes 11 and 12 for the exam syllabus.
- Physics: General, Thermal Physics, Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Modern Physics
- Chemistry: Organic and inorganic chemistry, Physical chemistry
- Mathematics: Analytical geometry, algebra, trigonometry, integral calculus, differential calculus, vectors
- Architecture aptitude: Geometrical drawing, freehand drawing, architectural awareness, imagination and aesthetic sensitivity, three-dimensional perception.
JEE Advanced 2021 Important Books for preparation:
Concepts of Physics Vol I and II authored by H.C. Verma
Fundamentals of Physics-Halliday, Resnick & Walker
Problems in General Physics-I.E. Irodov
IIT Physics-D.C. Pandey
Problems in Physics-S.S. Krotov
Organic Chemistry authored by O. P. Tandon
Organic Chemistry authored by Peter Sykes
Organic Chemistry authored by M. S. Chauhan
Organic Chemistry authored by Morrison and Boyd
Physical Chemistry authored by O. P. Tandon
Concise Inorganic Chemistry authored by J. D. Lee
Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations authored by R. C. Mukherjee (for practice)
Maths XI & XII- R.D. Sharma
Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations - R.D. Sharma
Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 – S.L. Loney
Coordinate Geometry: – Plane Coordinate Geometry – S.L. Loney
Higher Algebra– Hall and Knight
Calculus: Problems in Calculus of One Variable authored by I.A. Maron
Differential Calculus – A. Das Gupta.
Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE authored and published by Tata McGraw-Hill publications.
JEE Advanced 2021 Mock Tests
IIT Kharagpur has released JEE Advanced Mock Test in online mode, candidates can get a grip of the pattern and difficulty level of the exam and increase their productivity level. The test is available for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates can access the mock test using their login credentials. Steps to access the JEE Advanced Mock Test are as follows:
- Click on the mock test link which will be present on the official website. The link will be redirected to a new page.
- Click on “Sign in” and the instructions for taking the test will appear. Select your preferred language.
- Click on “Next” and read the instructions carefully.
- Another page for important instructions will show up, you can proceed with the mock test now.
JEE Advanced Question Papers
JEE Advanced Question Papers for the previous session have been released by IIT Delhi. Candidates can download the section-wise papers here:
JEE Advanced 2021 Preparation Guide
For all engineering aspirants who are planning to appear for JEE 2021, following is the preparation guide prepared by collegedunia addressing all your concerns that you may come across in this year long preparation.
JEE Advanced Coaching Institutes
In this digital world, guidance to students is available in both online and offline form. Depending upon the resources one possess, choices can be made. Here’s a list of both online and offline coaching guidance.
|Offline Coaching||Online Coaching|
Courses Offered: JEE ELITE (for class XI students), JEE Young Genius (for class XII students).
Fee Range: INR 20000 approx
Courses Offered: There are specialized courses for JEE Preparation and you can enrol in a customized program, if you aren’t enrolling in an IIT Coaching centre. Doubt removal sessions, practice tests, and more, form a part of the packages
Fee Range: From monthly payments in the form of custom packages like Master, Advanced, Ultimate, and Custom, fees range is INR 1800/pm to INR 4500/pm
Aspire Career Academy
Courses Offered: Target (regular sessions for class XI and XII students), Crash Course/Revision Course
Fee Range: INR 20000 to INR 75000
Courses Offered: 1. Two Year Classroom Program for JEE (Main & Advanced) and Other Engineering Exams 2. One Year Classroom Program for JEE (Main & Advanced) and Other Engineering Exams 3. Crash Course for JEE (Main & Advanced)
Fee Range: From about INR 46,000 to INR 2,88,200.
Courses Offered: Two Year Classroom Program for Mains and Advanced, Two Year Condensed Classroom Program, One Year Classroom Program, Special Weekend Programs, Intensive Courses etc.
Fee Range: INR 68000 to INR 3 lac
Courses Offered: They offer One Year and Two Year Course for JEE Main and Advanced
Fee Range: From about INR 98,000 to 184000.
Super 30 Patna
The institute offers free JEE preparation classes to only 30 students from the economically backward section, who show immense spirit, dedication, and calibre towards the field of engineering.
Courses Offered: From One Year, Two Year and Three Year Courses in a subject wise form, you can even select the faculty of your choice for the subject you want and then pay for the mode that you chose.
Fee Range: INR 5300 to INR 35000
Courses Offered: One Year Program/Two Year Program (Comprehensive and Support), Repeater’s Batch, Crash Course, and Correspondence Course
Fee Range: INR 8260 to INR 5.9 lac
Courses Offered: You have the option to buy a One Year/Two Year courses for JEE preparation at ByJu’s.
Fee Range: INR 40000 to INR 50000
JEE Advanced 2021 Eligibility
Candidates are required to fulfill the following JEE Advanced eligibility criteria for filling the form for JEE Advanced:
- Only those candidates who were born on or after 1st October 1997, are eligible to apply in JEE Advanced 2021. SC/ST/PWD category students are provided with a relaxation of 5 years.
- Both Indian and foreign nationals are eligible for this examination.
- Like the previous year, 75% criteria have been scrapped for this year as well.
- Candidates are required to qualify for the JEE Main and be among the top 2,50,000 students.
- The maximum number of attempts for JEE Advanced is two.
JEE Advanced 2021 Application Process
- JEE Advanced Registration Process will be conducted online.
- Candidates are required to fill in all the personal information including their email address and phone number(s).
- Candidates are also required to provide the medium of the paper.
JEE Advanced Documents Required
Candidates are required to submit the following documents at the time of registration:
- Class 10th certificate for the purpose of validating the date of birth of the candidate.
- Class 12th certificate.
- Caste certificate wherever applicable.
- Disability certificate wherever applicable.
- PIO or OCI certificates wherever applicable.
JEE Advanced Application Fees
JEE Advanced Registration fees for examination centers in India
|Indians including PIO/OCI||Unreserved candidates||INR 2600|
|Indians including PIO/OCI||Female candidates-all categories||INR 1300|
|Indians including PIO/OCI||SC/ST/PWD candidates||INR 1300|
|Foreigners||Applicants belonging to SAARC nations||USD 160|
|Foreigners||Applicants belonging to Non-SAARC nations||USD 300|
JEE Advanced Registration fees for centers located outside the country
|Indians including PIO/OCI||All categories||160|
|Foreigners||Applicants belonging to SAARC nations||160|
|Foreigners||Applicants belonging to Non-SAARC nations||300|
JEE Advanced 2021 Score Calculation
For inclusion in the common rank list, candidates must have appeared in both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Marks obtained in a subject will be the total of the marks obtained in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 for the same subject. The formula for the calculation of aggregate marks for JEE Advanced 2021 is -
The aggregate marks obtained by the students will be used for the preparation of the rank list. For inclusion in the rank list, students are required to obtain the minimum prescribed marks in each subject and in aggregate.
JEE Advanced 2021 Result
- JEE Advanced 2021 Result will be declared on October 15, 2021.
- Students can check their results by logging into their accounts on the official website.
- The scorecard will contain the details of the marks obtained by the candidate in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 in physics, mathematics and chemistry.
- It will also contain the total mark and the rank secured by the candidate in the common rank list.
JEE Advanced Expected Cut-off 2021
To qualify for JEE Advanced 2021 a candidate must obtain at least the minimum marks in each section. Candidates can get an accurate idea of what to expect from JEE Advanced 2021 cut off post having a look at the 2020 figures:
JEE Advanced Previous: Qualifying Marks
|Rank List||Minimum marks in each subject||Minimum aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||6||69|
|GEN-EWS rank list||5||62|
|OBC-NCL rank list||5||62|
|SC rank list||3||34|
|ST rank list||3||34|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)||3||34|
|GEN-EWS-PwD rank list||3||34|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||3||34|
|SC-PwD rank list||3||34|
|ST-PwD rank list||3||34|
|Preparatory course rank list||0||10|
- JEE Advanced 2020 Qualifying cut off observed a dip in comparison to the previous year i.e. 2019.
- As per JEE Advanced 2020 cutoff, the minimum percentage marks in each subject is 5% to be included in the common rank list (CRL) while in 2019, candidates were required to secure 10% marks.
- The minimum aggregate percentage marks to be included in CRL were 25% last year while it is 17.50% in 2020.
JEE Advanced Previous: Criteria for inclusion in the Rank list
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Percentage Aggregate Marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||5%||17.50%|
|GEN-EWS rank list||4.50%||15.75%|
|OBC-NCL rank list||4.50%||15.75%|
|SC rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)||2.50%||8.75%|
|GEN-EWS-PwD rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|SC-PwD rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|ST-PwD rank list||2.50%||8.75%|
|Preparatory course rank lists||0.75%||2.625%|
JEE Advanced Admission Cut off
JEE Advanced Cut off for admissions for 2020 are tabulated below:
|Rounds||JoSAA Cutoff Ranks for IITs|
JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling Process
- JoSSA will conduct JEE Advanced Counselling for qualified candidates during the month of October 2021.
- Counselling rounds are conducted 6 – 7 times, depending on the availability of seats.
- The counselling process involves registration, filling of choices, locking of choices followed by the validation and allotment of seats.
- After allotment of seats, students are required to report at the respective college.
JEE Advanced 2021 FAQs
Ques: When will JEE Advanced 2021 be conducted?
Ans: JEE Advanced 2021 will be conducted on October 3, 2021. JEE Advanced 2021 is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the seven zonal IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) for admission into Bachelor’s, Integrated Masters, and Dual Degree programs for all the IITs.
Ques: Can aspirants who missed JEE Advanced 2020 appear in JEE Advanced 2021?
Ans: Yes, Candidates who missed JEE Advanced 2020 can appear in JEE Advanced 2021 without qualifying JEE Main 2021. As per JAB, it was decided that such candidates would be considered in addition to and not as part of the total number of candidates who would qualify from JEE Main 2021 for appearing in JEE Advanced 2021.
Ques: Is there any change in JEE Advanced 2021 Eligibility?
Ans: Yes, As per the request of students, 75% eligibility criteria for admissions into IITs has been scrapped this year as well. Also, as per JAB, candidates who missed JEE Advanced 2020 can appear in JEE Advanced 2021 without qualifying JEE Main 2021.
Ques: When will JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus be released?
Ans: JEE Advanced Syllabus 2021 has been released by IIT Kharagpur on the official website – jeeadv.ac.in. IIT Kharagpur has released JEE Advanced Syllabus separately for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Architecture Aptitude Test.
Ques: Is it mandatory to attempt both the question papers of the JEE Advanced?
Ans: Yes. In order to qualify in JEE Advanced, candidates are required to appear in both Paper 1 and 2.
Ques: Is the payment for JEE Main and JEE Advanced made together?
Ans: Only those candidates who qualify JEE main and plan to attempt JEE advanced must pay the mandatory application fees for JEE Advanced separately.
Ques: I took my 12th class exam in 2018, am I eligible to appear for the exam?
Ans: No. Only those who have appeared in the 12th class exam in 2020 or are appearing in 2021 are eligible.
Ques: How will I know whether I have made it to the top rankers list in JEE Main or not?
Ans: As soon as the JEE Main results are announced by the National Testing Agency, you will be able to see the list of all the qualified candidates on the hosting IIT’s website.
Ques: Is there any age limit for appearing in JEE Advanced 2021?
Ans: Yes, only those candidates who were born on or after 1st October 1997 are eligible for this examination.
Ques: Is there any limit in the number of attempts for JEE advanced?
Ans: Yes, a candidate is allowed a maximum of two attempts to clear JEE Advanced.
Ques: Are there special requirements or waivers for NRI, PIO, OCI or foreign national applicants who are applying to the IITs?
Ans: No. All students, irrespective of their origin and country of residence, will have to meet the eligibility criteria specified for General category students.
Ques: I want to choose the Dubai centre to take JEE Advanced. How much will I have to pay as the registration fee for the exam?
Ans: All candidates who opt for the Dubai exam centre will have to pay an application fee of 300 USD + GST, irrespective of their category and gender.
Ques: Can I sit for the second attempt after a gap of one year?
Ans: No, a candidate is allowed to sit for two attempts only in two consecutive years.
Ques: Is there a separate merit list published for architecture aspirants?
Ans: No, students are just required to qualify the architecture aptitude test. The admissions are solely based on the rank secured In the common rank list of JEE advanced
Ques: Do I need to apply for JEE Advanced Separately?
Ans: Yes, JEE Advanced applications will be released after the announcement of JEE Main Results and candidates will have to register for JEE Advanced 2021 using their JEE Main Credentials. Only Top 2,50000 students qualifying JEE Main can apply for JEE Advanced.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.