CoA has successfully conducted NATA 2021 Phase 3 exam on September 3. Around 92% of the registered candidates appeared for the exam at 181 centers across 150 cities in India and 6 cities abroad. CoA released NATA 2021 Result for phase 3 exams by September 8, 2021. Candidates will be able to check their results through the official login using their Login ID, DOB and Security Code. A candidate must score a minimum of 70 marks out of 200 to qualify the exam. A score of 120-150 can be considered as a good score for NATA 2021. Check NATA Cutoff
Because of COVID-19, CoA conducted NATA 2021 in three sessions. Phase 1 exam was held on April 10 while Phase 2 was held on July 11. Candidates who appeared for more than one session must note that the best scores among the three sessions will be considered as the final scores for B.Arch admissions through NATA 2021. Candidates must note that CoA will not conduct any central counselling for admissions. instead, candidates who qualify NATA 2021 are required to apply for admissions to participating colleges after the declaration of results. Check NATA 2021 Admission Criteria
What is NATA? NATA 2021 is a national-level exam conducted and regulated by the Council of Architecture (CoA) for students seeking admission in Bachelor of Architecture programs in colleges across India. The exam is held twice a year since 2019.
NATA 2021 Highlights
The key points about NATA 2021 that candidates must be aware of are highlighted below:
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture||Conducted by Council of Architecture|
|Exam Type||University Level Entrance Test||For admissions to 5 Year B.Arch Programmes|
|Exam Timing||180 Minutes||First 60 MInutes for Part A Last 120 MInutes for Part B|
|Exam Mode||Online as Computer Based Test||Part A: Mathematics and General Aptitude (60 Questions) Part B: Drawing Test (2 Questions)|
NATA 2021 Exam Dates
The official NATA 2021 Exam Dates have been announced by The Council of Architecture.
|Events||NATA 2021 Phase 1||NATA 2021 Phase 2||NATA 2021 Phase 3|
|Release of NATA 2021 brochure||March 3, 2021|
|Start date to fill NATA application||March 5, 2021 (Open)||July 26, 2021|
|Last date to apply for NATA 2021||April 1, 2021||July 2, 2021||August 26, 2021|
|Last date to pay application fee||April 1, 2021||July 2, 2021||August 26, 2021|
|Download confirmation page till||April 1, 2021||July 2, 2021||August 26, 2021|
|Application Correction window date||March 26 to April 1, 2021||June 20 to July 2, 2021||August 16 to 26, 2021|
|Release of NATA admit card||April 6, 2021||July 7, 2021||August 29, 2021|
|NATA 2021 exam date||April 10, 2021||July 11, 2021||September 3, 2021|
|Result declaration||April 14, 2021||September 8, 2021|
NATA 2021 Admit Card
The examination authority will issue NATA 2021 Admit Card online on August 29, 2021. Applicants will only be able to download their respective admit cards on entering the Registered ID and Password.
- The admit card for NATA 2021 exam will be uploaded on the official website.
- After downloading the admit card, the candidates should confirm that the photograph and signature are printed on the admit card.
- Every candidate must carry the admit card along with valid Photo Id proof to the exam center.
- The information about the exam center will be mentioned on the admit card.
NATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
There is an eligibility criterion defined by the Council of Architecture for aspirants which must be fulfilled to register for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture. All the programs have different NATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
- On the Basis of Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply. Candidates having qualified 10+2 can apply for the aptitude test.
- On the basis of Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates Passed 12th examinations (10+2) recognized by Central/State Governments. Candidates holding Diploma with minimum 50% marks are eligible to apply. In addition candidates appearing for 10+2 can appear for the aptitude test given they prove their eligibility at the time of admissions.
- On the basis of Qualifying Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory subject combinations to appear for NATA 2021. Diploma candidates should have Maths as one of the compulsory subjects.
- On the basis of Stream: Candidates of arts stream can apply if they have PCM subjects as one of the optionals provided in CBSE Board.
Note: NATA does not provide lateral entry to candidates in later years of B.Arch courses.
NATA 2021 Application Form
This article will help a candidate by guiding them through the stepwise process to register for NATA 2021. The steps for filling up NATA 2021 Application Form are listed below:
Step 1: NATA 2021 Registration and Application Form Filling
- Logon to the Official website of NATA and Click on ‘Apply Online’
- A candidate is required to fill out their biographical details
- On filling out the form, click on the Registration button.
Step 2: Uploading Documents and Images
- Upload a recently clicked coloured passport size photograph. The face of the candidate should cover at least 75% of the photograph.
- Candidates also need to upload their signature and their left-hand thumb impression.
Step 3: Paying the Application Fee
- The application fee can be paid in online mode via a Credit Card or a Debit Card or even through Net Banking.
- Candidates making the payment through the card, need to provide card no. expiry date, and the CVV.
- Candidates choosing to pay via Net Banking will be redirected to the respective bank’s site where your account details are verified and payment is approved.
Step 4: Confirmation of Form Submission
- Upon completing the payment candidates are redirected to the confirmation page.
- It is advised to keep a soft copy of the confirmation page for future reference.
- A correction window will be open just in case the candidates made any error.
NATA 2021 Application Fee
To appear in the examination candidates need to pay a certain amount depending on which category they belong to as Application Fee. Tabulated below is the application fee for the various categories of applicants:
|For One Session|
|ST/ SC||Rs. 1500/-|
|For Both Sessions|
|Kashmiri migrant/ Foreign nationals||Rs. 3050/-|
NATA 2021 Exam Centers
NATA 2021 Exam centers are located in multiple cities across the country. The state-wise centers are as follows:
|State/ Union Territory||City|
|Andaman and Nicobar Island||Port Blair|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|Outside India NATA 2021 will be conducted in Dubai|
Important Note: Candidates cannot opt Dubai as their Second or Third exam center preference. If Dubai is opted as Primary choice of center then additional two centers in India have to opted necessarily.
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to be thorough with the Exam Pattern for NATA 2021. This makes them have a clear mind and makes them study just what is needed and not waste time.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held through online mode.
- Time Duration: Candidates will get 180 minutes to solve the question paper.
- The question paper will comprise of three sections, i.e. Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
- Section-wise Time Duration: Candidates will be given 60 minutes to attempt questions of Part-A (aptitude section) and 120 minutes to attempt Part-B (I.e. drawing section).
- Total Number of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination and the question paper will be of 200 marks.
- Question Type: The question of Mathematics & General Aptitude will be multiple-choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 2 marks
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
NATA 2021 Sectional Exam Pattern
The aptitude test is has two parts Part A and Part B
|Subject||Number of Questions||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (20 questions)||20||20×2=40||40|
|General Aptitude (40 questions)||40||40×2=80||80|
|Drawing (2 questions)||2||2×40||80|
NATA 2021 Syllabus
Council of Architecture defines the syllabus for architecture aptitude test.
Part A: Mathematics and General Aptitude Test
|Important Mathematics Topics|
|Algebra||Permutation and Combination|
|Logarithms||Theory and Application of Calculus|
|Matrices||3D Coordinate Geometry|
|Important General Aptitude Topics|
|Sets and Relations||Venn Diagram|
|Awareness of Architecture Works||Architectural Creations|
|Analytical Reasoning||Mental Ability|
Check NATA 2021 Syllabus
Part B: Drawing Test
Candidates will be judged on their sketching skills of the given object accurately and in an attractive manner. Visualisation ability is tested with a sense of perspective as well. Drawing 3D Objects. Harmony of Colours in respect to scale and proportion should be kept in iind. Drawing memory of the candidate is also put to test.
|Important Topics for Drawing|
|Scale and Proportions of Objects||Geometric Composition|
|Shape and Colour Texture||Harmony and Contrast|
|Transformation in 2D and 3D||Perspective Drawing|
|Day to Day Objects Drawing||Sketching of Urbanscape and Landscape|
Recommended Books for NATA 2021 Preparation
- NATA & B.Arch Question Bank written by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- NATA & B.Arch complete self-study material: entrance examination written by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch written by P. K. Mishra
- B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide was written by Surendra Kalimantan
Students can also prepare thoroughly from the material provided by coaching centres, some very useful ones include:
- NATA Study Material and Online Test Series
- Buying the Nata Entrance Books online by Mosaic Institute of Design
NATA 2021 Result
NATA 2021 Results for Phase 3 exam are scheduled to be declared on September 8. Candidates who appeared for the same can download their scores via NATA’s official site. It is suggested for taking a print out of the score while applying for the admission.
- Before announcing the results, the authorities have decided to disclose the response sheets of the candidates who appeared.
- Please note the response sheets will be uploaded only for Part A. The sheets of Part B will not be uploaded.
- On disclosure of the answer sheets, the NATA 2021 Results will be available for everyone to view on the official website.
- The qualifying marks will be based on the rule given below:
At least 25% marks must have scored in MCQ part (Part A) – 30 out of 120. A minimum 25% marks in Drawing port (Part B) – 20 out of 80
NATA 2021 Counselling
After releasing the results, one of the most crucial steps of the admission procedure begins. NATA 2021 Counselling is not conducted by the Council of Architecture rather it is undertaken by the participating colleges themselves.
- The NATA Score Card will be valid only for the academic year 2021 – 22.
- There will be no separate counselling conducted by the official authority for providing admissions. Candidates will have to apply separately in each institution in which they want to apply for admission.
- Candidates who want to get admission in B.Arch. courses should appear in separate counselling conducted by each institution.
- Candidates have to carry all required documents and their photocopies for the verification process.
- Final admission is granted to candidates who will fulfil eligibility criteria completely and have all the required documents verified.
NATA 2021 Participating Colleges
Amidst a wide array of colleges accepting students based on the NATA 2021 Scores, here are a few high ranking colleges that will be participating in the counselling process.
Colleges Accepting NATA 2021 Score
Sinhgad College of Architecture
Rizvi College of Architecture
Department of Architecture, BITS
Sushant School of Art and Architecture
Sir JJ College of Architecture
Chandigarh College of Architecture
Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, Jamia Millia Islamia
Chitkara School of Planning & Architecture
IES College of Architecture
LS Raheja School of Architecture
Aayojan School of Architecture
Dehradun Institute of Technology
MEASI Academy of Architecture
On gaining a thorough knowledge of the exam, few candidates may have pending doubts about the same. Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions for NATA 2021:
NATA 2021 FAQs
Question:What is the judging criteria of the Drawing Section?
- Ability to sketch a given object’s proportionately and rendering the same in a visual manner
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on an object
- Sense of perspective
- Combing given 3D elements to form a building or structural form
- Creating 2D compositions using given shapes and forms
- Understanding scale & proportions
- Drawing the day to day life experiences based on memory
Question: What is the reporting time for NATA 2021?
question: Is the NATA Examination Fee refundable?
Question: I did not have Mathematics in my qualifying examination. Can I register or appear for NATA?
Question: Till when is my NATA Score valid?
Question: What items are banned from the NATA Exam Centre?
Question: What information can be found in the NATA 2021 exam pattern?
Question: In case I lose or misplace my admit card at the exam centre, can I download it later?
Question: Is there a requirement for possessing computer skills to appear for NATA 2021?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.