SNAP 2021 Registration has started on August 31, 2021. SNAP 2021 Application Form will be available till Nov 27, 2021, on the official website. Around 60,000 candidates are expected to take SNAP exam this year which will be held in CBT mode at 94 test centers across the country. Check SNAP 2021 Eligibility Criteria
SNAP 2021 aspirants should know the changes introduced in the exam pattern last year in terms of the time limit and marking pattern. Negative marking is applicable. The paper has 3 parts; GK, Quant & DI, and Reasoning. SNAP Exam Syllabus is not released by SIU and is based on the previous years’ analysis of important topics.
What is SNAP Exam? Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is a national-level management aptitude test conducted by Symbiosis International University (Deemed) for admission to MBA/ PGDM courses. It is a highly sought-after and competitive exam that is slightly easier to crack than other MBA entrance tests like CAT and XAT. It is the gateway to 16 institutes offering placements with an average CTC of 20 Lakhs (SIU Pune).
Table of Contents
SNAP 2021 Highlights
|SNAP Exam Full Form||Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) 2021|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University (SIU)|
|SNAP Official Website||www.snaptest.org|
|Exam Type||National level|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||Graduation/Bachelor’s degree with 50% (45% for SC/ST)|
|Objective||Admission to MBA/MSc courses offered by 16 listed institutes|
|SNAP Exam Date||December 19, 2021|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||1 hour|
SNAP 2021 Exam Date
All dates tabulated below are tentative and subject to change with the release of official notification. Check SNAP Exam Complete Schedule
|SNAP Registration Starts||August 31, 2021|
|SNAP Application Form Last Date||November 27, 2021|
|SNAP Application Fee Last Date||November 27, 2021|
|SNAP Admit Card Release Date||December 4, 2021|
|SNAP Exam Dates|| |
December 19, 2021
January 08, 2022
January 16, 2022
|SNAP Result Date||February 1, 2022|
|Shortlisting for further procedure begins on||To be announced|
|GE, PI and WAT rounds date||To be announced|
|SNAP 2021 Final Merit List||To be announced|
SNAP Eligibility is determined and set by SIU. Even though the eligibility for candidates who require specific discipline/subject specialization will be decided by the respective institute, final eligibility for admission will be decided by SIU. Those who aspire to join MBA and MSc programs for the 2021-2022 session must fulfill the SNAP eligibility criteria for the course they wish to appear for.
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university with 50%.
- For SC/ST category candidates, the aggregate marks in the bachelor's degree should be 45%.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- There is no limit of neither age nor number of attempts.
- Candidates with foreign degrees or qualifications are also eligible, but such candidates should obtain equivalence certificates from the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final exam of the bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply, but their admission will be provisional and will be cancelled if leads to non-fulfillment of the abovementioned eligibility.
SNAP 2021 Registration
Candidates can register for SNAP 2021 on the official website. The registration process is carried out into two phases: SNAP 2021 registration and choice of program registration.
Both the registration processes for SNAP and the institute are integrated and can be carried out on the same portal.
- Register online on the official website – from August 31 to November 28, 2021.
- Fill in all the required details such as name, date of birth, category, and test city preference.
- Upload scanned a recent colored passport size photograph.
- Recheck all the filled details, as if once the payment is processed, it will not be possible to make changes in them.
Here is a step-by-step process to how one can fill the application form for SNAP 2021:
- Visit www.snaptest.org
- Click on “New Registration” and “I agree” to proceed.
- Fill in the details such as email id, mobile number, and password.
- Click on “Register”.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the registered email with username and password.
- Login using the received details – username and password – to fill the application form.
- Upload photographs as per requirement and pay the fee of INR.1750 /-.
- The application fee can either be processed via online mode or via demand draft.
- To choose a program and college, proceed to the online registration form.
- Note: The registration fees for each program has to be paid separately
Also Read: SNAP Registration for Foreign Students
SNAP 2021 Application Fee
Candidates are required to pay the fee of INR.1750 /- in order to proceed to phase two of the application process. The payment of fees can be carried out by using two methods given below:
- Online mode: Candidates can pay their fees by selecting either of the methods – Net Banking, Debit or Credit Card.
- Offline mode: Candidates can also pay their fees by demand draft from any Nationalized Bank the below-mentioned amount drawn in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- To pay the fees by using offline mode, select the mode of payment as “demand draft” in the make payment tab.
- Take out a print-out of the payment advice form and fill in the demand draft details.
- Sign and send the form with the demand draft to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat at the address given below.
- Once the demand draft reaches, Symbiosis Test Secretariat (STS) will be in charge of authenticating the details of the demand draft. And then the candidates will receive an email confirming the payment. Admit Card will be available only after the confirmation of payment. Payment mode Amount Online Mode INR 1,750 Demand Draft INR 1,750 Candidates are also required to pay INR 1,000 for each program that they have applied to or desire to apply to. Both the fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, and STS will not be responsible for the delay on part of the post/courier.
SNAP 2021 Selection Procedure
After the declaration of result in January 2021, the selection process for SNAP will commence from February 2021. SNAP is held for admissions into postgraduate management or MSc programs offered by Symbiosis International and institutes affiliated with it.
- After the result is declared, SNAP cut-off is announced by each college.
- Candidates who secure the minimum cut-off marks are shortlisted to participate in Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Ability Test round to proceed with their admission process.
- It is mandatory to appear for all the rounds to be eligible for admission.
- These rounds take place in February 2022 and are explained in detail below:
Group Exercise: This round aims to assess the ability of the candidates’ application of logic and reasoning. Also, highlight the candidate’s ability of decision-making and management skills. This exercise carries a weight of 10 marks. Read: SNAP Group Exercise Tips
Written Ability Test: With a weightage of 10 marks, candidates are asked to write an essay on a business management-related topic or any other course-related topic.
Personal Interaction: This is a face-to-face round to evaluate a candidate’s confidence and his/her overall personality. This round carries 30 marks and is the most important round of the entire admission process.
Candidates are required to proceed through all the mentioned rounds to be eligible for admission in their choice of program and institute, failing to appear for any of the abovementioned tests will lead to unfulfillment of eligibility and cancellation of the admission. Candidates are also required to know that the admission is provisional and the payment of fees is a must to secure a seat.
SNAP 2021 Reservation
|Kashmiri Migrants (Supernumerary)||2 seats per program|
|International Candidates (Supernumerary)||15|
|Children/wards of Defence Personnel||5 [applicable only for MBA (International Business, Digital and Telecom Management, Information Technology Business Management or Information Technology)]|
Symbiosis International has made provisions for candidates of reserved category as well as with disabilities. The types of disabilities covered are as follows: vision impairment, hearing impairment, locomotors disabilities, mental retardation, multiple disabilities, and dyslexia.
Candidates are required to submit relevant documents issued by a competent authority at the time of filling SNAP 2021 application form. Candidates applying under the category of differently-abled are required to obtain an “Authentication Certificate” from the Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) within one month of commencement of the program.
SNAP 2021 Admit Card
SNAP 2021 admit card will be available in the first week of December 2021. The admit card will be available to download. Carrying Admit Card is mandatory to be eligible to appear for the test. Below are the steps to download the SNAP 2021 admit card:
- Log on to the official website.
- Click on “Download Admit card”.
- Enter username, password, and security code.
- Click on login.
- SNAP 2021 Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Check and verify all the details and print out at least three copies.
SNAP 2021 Exam Centers
Candidates can choose three preferences from a list of 94 cities to appear for the test. Candidates will have to keep in mind that city allocation will be based on the date of payment. Once the fee payment is processed, candidates will not be able to make any edits to the filled details including the preferred cities.
The test center and its address will be displayed on the admit card.
Candidates are also required to carry identity proof along with their SNAP 2021 admit cards. Below is the list of accepted identity proofs:
- Pan card
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
Admit cards will also be required during the proceeding rounds of admission, so candidates should preserve the admit cards.
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern
|Section||Total questions||Total marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||15||15|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||25|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||20|
SNAP 2021 is a computer-based exam that is conducted in English only.
- The test includes a total of 60 objective questions/multiple-choice questions. The exam duration will be of 60 minutes.
- The paper is divided into four sections: Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability.
- Every correct answer will obtain one mark, and every incorrect answer will lead to a deduction of 0.25 marks.
- All four sections have been allotted specific number of marks. Please refer to the table above for the details.
SNAP 2021 Exam Syllabus
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability|
|Algebra||Critical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
|Geometry||Arrangements||Fill in the blanks|
|Number System||Syllogisms||Sentence Correction|
|Modern Mathematics||Blood Relations||Odd one out|
|Graphs & Charts||Coding and Decoding||Vocabulary|
|Venn Diagrams||Sequences and Series||Idioms and Synonyms and Antonyms|
SNAP Top Colleges
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||MBA MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship) MBA (Leadership and Strategy)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology) M.Sc. (Computer Applications) M.Sc. (System Security)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||MBA MBA (Infrastructure Development and Management) MBA (Business Analytics)|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)||MBA (International Business) MBA (Agri Business) MBA (Energy & Environment)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management (SIDTM) [Formerly Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)]||MBA (Digital and Telecom Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies(SIMS, Pune)||MBA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC, Pune)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM, Nashik)||MBA (Operations Management)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management) MBA (Data Science and Data Analytics)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management) Master of Public Health (MPH)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||MBA MBA (Family Managed Business & Entrepreneurship) MBA (Quantitative Finance) MBA (Business Analytics)|
|Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune)||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||MBA|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||MBA (Sports Sciences)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Nagpur (SIBM, Nagpur)||MBA|
SNAP 2021 Result
The result will be declared in the last week of December 2021. SNAP 2021 results will be announced on the official website as a scorecard. Scorecard will give detailed marks obtained in both scaled and sectional exams. It will be valid for admission for the year 2021-2022. The score published by the university will be final and is not subject to change or undergo revaluation under any circumstances.
Here is a step-by-step process to check your SNAP 2021 scorecard online:
- Log onto the official website.
- Click on results.
- Enter username and password.
- You will be able to view your scorecard.
- Download and print the scorecard for future references.
The participating institutes will publish merit lists based on the candidates’ performance. The list will also include the names of the candidates who are eligible to proceed with the admission rounds.
SNAP 2021 Merit List
Each participating college prepares its final merit list separately. All the marks secured by the candidates are taken into consideration before finalizing the merit list. Candidates who are listed in the merit list are eligible to take admission for their applied course program in the respective colleges. The final merit list is prepared on the overall scores secured by the candidates by appearing for SNAP, Group Exercise, Written Ability Test, and Personal Interaction.
The weightage for the merit list is given below:
|SNAP score (marks secured out of 150, scaled down to 50 marks)||Group Exercise||Writing Ability Test||Personal Interaction||Total|
For respective institutes, category-wise merit lists and waitlists will be available on their official websites. The waitlist will depend on the number of seats available for each program and participating college.
SNAP 2021 FAQs
Ques. How many rounds are there in SNAP selection procedure?
Ans. SNAP selection comprises mainly two rounds – 1. SNAP entrance examination; 2. GE-PIWAT Round.
Ques. Apart from registering on SNAP, do we need to register separately on the institute we wish to take admission in?
Ans. Yes. Besides applying for SNAP, a candidate is required to register at the participating institute of his/her choice.
Ques. What are the criteria for shortlisting candidates for GE-PI round?
Ans. The shortlisting of candidates for GE-PI round solely depends upon SNAP percentile.
Ques. I am an NRI Candidate. Can I apply for SNAP exam?
Ans. Yes. You can also apply for SNAP. NRI candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria to get more information about the qualification details, minimum marks, age limit, etc
Ques. How to prepare for SNAP and what are the important topics?
Ans. The syllabus of SNAP will be based on the syllabus you have studied in graduation. There is no need to go through the 12th class standard. English, general aptitude, and logical reasoning are some of the major scorings sections.
Ques. What is the expected date for SNAP 2021 registration?
Ans. SNAP 2021 application is expected to start on August 31, 2021.
Ques. How will I get a seat in a college after appearing for the exam?
Ans. The seat allotment process will be totally based on your rank. After the declaration of SNAP result, the authorities will release the cut off. Based on the cut off the ranks will be decided.
Ques. The participating institutes in SNAP release a separate cut off list or a combined cut off list after the results are out?
Ans. All institutes that participate in SNAP release different cut off lists post the announcement of exam results. The selection procedure for each institute is different.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.