TANCET Exam 2022 is scheduled to be conducted in the 4th week of March 2022. TANCET Exam will be conducted by Anna University, Chennai. To appear for TANCET exam 2022, candidates must meet the eligiblity criteria as set by the University. TANCET exam registration is scheduled to start from the 4th week of January 2022. TANCET 2022 exam will have separate exam dates for MBA, MCA, and M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plannning. Check TANCET Exam Pattern
TANCET is an entrance exam that a candidate must appear for to get admission in one of the TANCET participating colleges. TANCET exam syllabus differs based on the subject that a candidate opts for. Read TANCET Exam Syllabus
TANCET Latest Updates
- August 16: TANCET 2021 Admission Schedule has been released, the last date to apply is August 31, 2021.
More than 200 colleges participate in TANCET exam. To get admission in the preferred college, a candidate must clear TANCET cut-off and appear for TANCET counselling process. Students from other states can also apply for this exam subject to the bifurcation of eligibility criteria and reservations. Over 38,000 students applied for TANCET 2021 exam out of which 21,789 students applied for MBA.
TANCET 2022 Highlights
|TANCET full form||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor's Degree with at least 50%(relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu).|
|Programs||M.Tech, M.E, MBA, M.Plan, M.Arch, MCA|
|TANCET official website||tancet.annauniv.edu/|
|Application Fee||₹600/- for each program(₹300/- for SC/ST)|
|Reservation||All the reservation benefits will be provided only for the students who are domicile of Tamil Nadu. However, students from other states can apply through general slots.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination/Lateral Entry|
TANCET 2022 Exam Dates
|TANCET Exam Event||TANCET Exam Date|
|TANCET Registration Starts||4th week of January 2022|
|TANCET Registration Last Date||3rd week of February 2022|
|TANCET Admit Card||1st week of March 2022|
|TANCET Exam Date|| |
4th week of March 2022
|TANCET Answer Key||4th week of March 2022|
|TANCET 2022 Result Declaration||1st week of April 2022|
|TANCET Scorecard Release date||2nd week of April 2022|
|TANCET Counselling||May 2022|
TANCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for TANCET 2022 is to hold a bachelor's degree in the relevant discipline. Minimum marks at graduation level must be at least 50%. Candidates having a degree from a distance/weekend program are not eligible for TANCET 2021.
|M.E/M.Tech (Faculty of Civil Engineering)||B.E/B.Tech in Civil Engineering or Civil & Structural Engineering|
|M.E/M.Tech (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering||B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical/Mechatronics/Aeronautical Engineering|
|M.E/M.Tech (Faculty of Electrical Engineering)||B.E/B.Tech in ECE/Instrumentation and Control|
|M.E/M.Tech(Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering)||B.E/B.Tech in ECE/Biomedical/Software Engineering|
|M.Arch||B.Arch or AIIA(Associates of the Indian Institutes of Architects)|
TANCET 2022 Results
TANCET 2022 result will be declared in the 1st week of April 2022. Candidates will be able to download the scorecard from the official website by entering their login credentials.TANCET rank list will be released separately for the three categories i.e. GATE category, TANCET category, and the sponsored category. Anna university will offer the degree programs for MBA/M.Tech/M.E/MCA/M.Arch and M.Plan in the below-mentioned colleges:
- University departments
- University College of Engineering
- Regional campuses of Anna University
- Annamalai university
- Government universities
- Other Government aided universities
- Some private and self-financing universities also invite admission through TANCET score
TANCET 2022 Cut Off
Anna University will TANCET 2022 Cut Off on its official website after TANCET 2022 result has been declared. Candidates must note that a separate cut off will be announced for admission through GATE scores. TANCET Cut Off will be based on various factors like:
- the number of candidates who appeared;
- the difficulty level of the exam; and,
- the number of seats available.
Also Check: TANCET Program Wise Cut off
TANCET 2022 Counselling
TANCET 2022 Counselling process will commence as soon as TANCET result is declared by Anna University. There will be 4 Stages in TANCET 2022 Counselling:
- Online Registration: Candidates need to register on the official portal for Counselling. Counselling fee for general candidates will be ₹300/-. For SC/ST Candidates the fee will be ₹150/-.
- Release of Rank List: A Rank List will be prepared on the basis of TANCET 2022 Score. Candidates will be called for the counselling round on the basis of the rank obtained by them on TANCET 2022 Rank List.
- Call Letter: A call letter will be issued to successfully registered candidates. It will include important details of the candidate like Name, Counselling city & center, and registration number.
- Final Counselling: Candidates will have to appear for final counselling in the respective colleges of their choice. They need to confirm their seat by payment of the admission fee.
TANCET 2022 Application Form
TANCET 2022 application forms will be available from the 4th week of January 2022 in online mode on the official website of TANCET. The application fee would be ₹600/- for general and ₹300/- for reserved category candidates. Those who will be appearing for more than one program would be required to pay ₹600/- for each program. The reservation criteria are not applicable to candidates from other states.
Before filling the application form candidates are required to register themselves by providing the basic details. Steps to register online are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of TANCET. Under TANCET 2022 button click on ‘New User Registration
- Enter the name, valid email address, phone number, and password and save it as it will be required every time when you log in.
- Click on ‘register’.
After registration, a unique user id/registration number will be generated and sent to the registered email address. Candidates are required to log in with the stated credentials. The steps to fill TANCET 2022 Application form are as follows:
TANCET 2022 Admit Card
TANCET 2022 admit card will be released on 1st week of March 2022. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website by entering their user id and password. TANCET admit card will contain the information regarding the center and schedule of examination. If any candidate is unable to download the admit card or finds any discrepancy then it shall be reported immediately to the authority. The helpline numbers are mentioned below:
- Call at +91-44-22358314
- E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
TANCET Exam Day Instructions
- Wear a mask and sanitize your hands at the exam center. Candidates should maintain social distance at the exam center till they leave the hall.
- Candidates who enter the exam hall half an hour after the commencement of the exam will not be allowed. Candidates must also stay inside the exam hall even if they have completed the paper till 15 minutes before the exam ends.
- Candidates may not carry Bluetooth devices, calculators, smartphones, log sheets to the exam hall.
- Candidates found to be using any unfair means of writing the paper will be disqualified from taking the exam.
- An OMR sheet will be provided which must be filed in carefully as no extra sheet will be given if wring information is entered.
- Only black and blue inked pens are allowed to fill the instruction of the IMR sheet and options. The OMR sheet along with the question booklet must be returned after the exam.
- Candidates who are not carrying a valid id card or id documents will not be allowed to take the exam.
TANCET 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
TANCET 2022 Exam Pattern will consist of 100 multiple choice questions with four options for each question. Each question carries one mark and ⅓ mark will be deducted as a penalty for every incorrect answer. The examination shall be conducted in English and Tamil language only.
- The total time allotted for each paper will be 120 minutes
- Question paper of TANCET 2022 for MBA and MCA program consists of five and four sections respectively
- There will be 20 questions in each section for the MBA program and 25 questions in each section for the MCA program
- ME/M.Tech and M.Arch paper will consist of three sections in which two sections will be common and the third section will be optional
- The total number of questions in M.E/M.Tech/M. Arch and M.Plan will be 105.
- In M.E/M.Tech/M. Arch and M.Plan entrance exam the candidates will be allowed to choose the optional paper for the third section at the time of registration
TANCET 2022 Syllabus
TANCET 2022 syllabus will be released by Anna University online and it can be downloaded from the official website. Every program has a different syllabus based on the qualifying exam and course preferred.
Also Check: TANCET Exam Analysis
The Quantitative Ability section will be common in the question paper for MBA and MCA programs. In the MCA program, the question paper will consist of a mathematical ability section. The questions in the mathematical ability section will be framed on the basis of the syllabus of class 12 syllabus. A brief paper wise syllabus is discussed below:
TANCET MBA Syllabus
|Business Situation Analysis||In this section, there are no prescribed topics. The questions will be based on business operations, situations, dilemmas, and business ethics, etc. There will also be some sections of the marketing plan and one-year strategy of a business.|
|Reading Comprehension||Reading comprehension will include questions based on precise writing and unseen passages. It will also include synonyms, antonyms, vocabulary, and one-word substitution.|
|Quantitative Ability||In this section, the questions will be based on mathematics. Important topics are profit & loss, percentage, time & work, Average, Simple & Compound Interest, Binomial Theorem, Quadratic Equation, Mixture & Allegations, etc|
|Data Sufficiency||Data Sufficiency will include topics like number systems, algebra, and some arithmetic problems. There will be questions from Data Interpretation like a bar graph, line graph, and pie chart|
|English Usage||This will include the questions of grammar and punctuation, one-word substitution, conventional usage of words and phrases, writings of the speech community, etc.|
TANCET MCA Syllabus
TANCET Syllabus for MCA has 3 main topics:
|Quantitative Ability||The quantitative ability section will be covering the topic similar to the question paper of the MBA program. Students are required to study the mathematics of class 10 and 12 levels. Some important topics are average, percentage, profit, and loss, etc.|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||In this section, there will be questions based on linear and circular arrangements, selections, coding and decoding, directions, critical thinking, Intuition, blood relations, decision making, inductive reasoning, binary logic, syllogism, and puzzles.|
|Computer Awareness||This section will test the basic awareness and information in the field of computer and technology. The questions will cover the topics like the use of applications in computers, hardware, and software, artificial intelligence, generations of computers, data security, shortcut keys, and computer accessories, components of computers, other computing devices, etc.|
TANCET M.E and M.Tech Syllabus
TANCET 2022 Syllabus includes topics from undergraduate courses. Each stream has a separate syllabus for the exam. M.E and M.Tech syllabus will be based upon the specific program selected by the candidate. There will be two common papers in all the programs and one optional paper marked by the candidate at the time of registration. The syllabus for the first two sections is discussed below:
|Engineering Mathematics||Calculus and differential equations, transforms, functions of complex and variables and complex integration, applied probability, matrices and determinants, vector calculus, numerical methods|
|Basic Engineering and Sciences||Physics, chemistry, applied mechanics, material science, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, computers.|
TANCET Preparation Tips
- Plan Your Exam: As the syllabus of TANCET 2022 is quite long, it is not possible for candidates to prepare for each and every topic. Considering your ability and weightage of topics in past years, work up a plan to which chapters or topics you will attempt and which ones you will avoid.
- Revision is Your Saviour: There is no better way to brush up on the topics you have learned than to revise over and over. Revising not just helps with improving strong and weak areas, it also helps candidates to avoid forgetting.
- Mock Tests and Sample Papers: Apart from revising familiar topics, solving mock test papers and previous year's questions of TANCET aids in your preparation. This is also another way of revising. Taking mock tests will increase your confidence and help candidates familiarize themselves with the question pattern, important topics, difficulty level, and help them analyze strong and weak areas.
- Strategize your Paper: While practicing mock papers and regular practice, candidates will familiarize themselves with TANCET exam pattern and sections of the paper. So it will be helpful to decide what strategy you might want to use to attempt each section and question. Candidates are advised to practice accordingly.
- Brush Up Tricks & Formulas: Every competitive exam that includes topics such as quant or reasoning can be solved faster by using shortcut methods, formulas, and tricks. Knowing these will help you attempt more questions in less time. Take help from blogs, youtube videos, and books to learn these tricks if you haven't already.
- Focus on Time and Accuracy: As TANCET is a lengthy paper, it is imperative for candidates to solve as many questions as possible in the given time limit while solving them correctly. How can this be achieved? First, try to improve your speed by using shortcut methods and formulas. Second, find out your weak areas as you solve practice questions, and work on those. Third, clear your basic concepts.
- Work on Weak Topics: For some people, maths might be easier and verbal harder, while for others, the opposite might be true. Very few people are excellent at both. But for most, it is important to find out which topics are they are facing most issues with.
- Avoid Stress: We know this is easier said than done, but nevertheless is a very important part of faring well in your exam. Take adequate rest the day before your test, keep everything ready, and remember that worrying will not just hamper your mental health, but also your exam. Be confident in what you have learned, and keep calm!
TANCET 2022 FAQs
Ques. When can I fill the application form for TANCET 2022?
Ans. TANCET 2022 application form will be available online on the official website of TANCET exam from the 4th week of January 2022. You can fill TANCET application anytime before the 3rd week of February 2022.
Ques. What is TANCET 2022 application fee?
Ans. The application fee is ₹600/- for general candidates and ₹300/- for candidates of reserved category(SC/ST/OBC). However, the discounted application fee for reserved classes does not apply to any candidate belonging to the state other than Tamil Nadu.
Ques. I am from Maharashtra. Can I apply for TANCET 2022?
Ans. Candidates from any state can apply for TANCET 2022. The candidates are suggested to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. No relaxation of fee or any other reservation facility has been provided to the candidates from outside Tamil Nadu.
Ques. What is the minimum mark required to clear the cut off?
Ans. The minimum cut off marks usually range between 35-40 marks as per the previous year's analysis. For the reserved category, the cut off falls between 22-35 marks.
Ques. Can I apply for the MBA program at Anna University through CAT score?
Ans. Any candidate seeking admission in any program is required to take TANCET. No other exams will be considered for admissions.
Ques. How many colleges accept TANCET scores?
Ans. As per the previous trend, more than 200 colleges participate in TANCET exam. All the government and government-aided universities along with some private colleges in Tamil Nadu accept TANCET scores.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.