IIM Ahmedabad is India’s best business school and has been featured twice at first slot in the NIRF- rated Top Management Colleges in India in last three years. IIM Ahmedabad’s most popular program is PGP (equivalent to MBA), followed by the one year MBA program a.k.a MBA PGPX. IIM Ahmedabad has released the MBA 2022 selection criteria and CAT 2021 registration is over now, and the CAT Entrance Exam is scheduled for November 28, 2021. The admission for PGP program is done via CAT and for MBA PGPX via GMAT and also considers work experience, scores in 10th, 12th and Graduation.
The PGP Student Exchange Program of IIM Ahmedabad is also a big hit, where each year, around 150 students go abroad and 90 students come to India to study at IIMA. For the exchange program, each year, the college selects a quarter of second year students to spend one academic term at premier institutions around the world. Moreover, Apart from regular PGP/ MBA program IIM Ahmedabad also offer double degree program for which the college has partnered with six international institutions i.e ESSEC Business School France, HEC France, University of Bocconi, Italy, European Business School, Germany, University of Cologne, Germany, and ESCP Europe France. IIM Ahmedabad is a member of PIM (Partnership in International Management), which is a consortium of leading business schools in the world. PIM facilitates the development of joint programs, students and faculty exchange, Joint research & cooperation among its 60 members institutions. Know More About IIM Ahmedabad MBA Admissions 2021
IIM Ahmedabad has recently partnered with Bank of America to set up a Centre of Digital Transformation (CDT) and aspires to become a knowledge hub for academia, policymaking, and private sector by facilitating cutting-edge technology. Apart from this, the institution has signed an MoU with Homi Bhaba National Institute (HBNI) to provide a custom-designed “Sarabhai Management development program” for senior executives of DAE (Department of Atomic Energy), HBNI. On August 16, IIM A inaugurated its new centre for Data Science & Artificial Intelligence i.e Brij Disa Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (CDSA). The center aims for a collaborative relationship between academia & industry in data-driven organizations.
IIM Ahmedabad Quick Facts
- MBA 1st Shortlist Criteria: The first stage of shortlisting will be released on the basis of CAT Score (65%), Academic Profile (30%), Work Experience (5%). With a low weightage of CAT score in initial shortlisting, IIM Ahmedabad aims to accommodate candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- MBA Selection Criteria: CAT 2021 got 25% weightage and 5% to Work Experience and a huge chunk of 60% weightage has been assigned to PI-AWT in final Shortlisting. For MBA 2022 Admission minimum sectional & overall cut off required is 70 and 80 percentile respectively.
- Batch Diversity: In the newly inducted of MBA 2021, women comprise 28 percent of the total class size, that is six percent higher than last year’s 22 percent. In PGP-FABM 2021 batch, 9% more women joined than the 34 percent recorded in 2021. The male candidates in PGP 2021 are 72% and for PGP FABM male candidates are 57%.
- Ranking: IIM Ahmedabad is popularly known for its oldest, flagship PGP (MBA) program. It is ranked #20 by Financial Times for Masters in Management globally. Check IIM Ahmedabad Ranking.
- Degree: MBA degree instead of a PG Diploma is conferred after the IIM Act of 2007 was implemented. And, this degree is recognised internationally.
- Fees: IIM Ahmedabad fee for MBA in total is INR 23 Lakh and financial aids ranging INR 3 LPA to INR 4 LPA are offered to students. Check IIM Ahmedabad Scholarships
- Faculty: The faculty of IIM Ahmedabad have an average work experience of 10-20 years in MNCs and in study research. Check Out IIM Ahmedabad Faculty Details
- Placements: For the placement season 2021, the average package offered to the student was 25 LPA and a maximum of 21 offers made by Finance firms, followed by Sales & Marketing firms. Check IIM Ahmedabad Placement Report
- 388 students accepted offers from 153 recruiters.
- Highest CTC: INR 58.88 (domestic) / INR 1.32 Cr (international)
- Average CTC: INR 26.13 (gone up from INR 25.83 LPA in 2021)
The best thing about MBA course is that a student from any field, be it science, commerce or arts, can pursue this 2 year masters degree course.
IIM Ahmedabad Ranking
|QS World University Rankings 2022||46|
|FT (Financial Times) Global MBA Ranking 2021||48|
|QS Global MBA Ranking 2021||50|
|Outlook India I-CARE Management 2021||1|
|Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking in Agribusiness/ Food Industry Management 2021||1|
|Business World 2020||1|
|Business Today 2020||1|
Quick Link: How to Prepare for AWT & PI for IIM Ahmedabad
IIM Ahmedabad Courses
Following are the courses offered by the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad under various specializations and levels:
|Program||Program Details||Selection Basis|
|Post Graduate Program in Management (MBA)||Duration: 2 years
Fees: INR 23 Lakhs
Eligibility: Candidates should score 50% in bachelor's OR professional degree qualifications.
|CAT scores + AWT + PI|
|Post Graduate Program in Food & Agri-Business Management (MBA-FABM)||Duration: 2 years
Fees: INR 21.5 Lakhs
Eligibility: Candidates should have 50% in Agriculture Sciences degree or equivalent CGPA.
|Executive Post Graduate Program (MBA-PGPx)||Duration: 1 year
Fees: INR 28 Lakhs
Eligibility: A bachelors degree in a relevant discipline + work experience
|GMAT score + PGPMX Aptitude Test + 5-year working experience|
|PhD in Management||Duration: 3-5 years (Full time)
Stipend: INR 30,000 per month
Eligibility: Masters in a relevant discipline.
|CAT / GRE / GMAT or JRF in some fields|
|ePost Graduate Program (ePGP)||Duration: 2 years
Fees: INR 20 Lakhs
Eligibility: Graduation + 3 years of Full-time Work Experience
|CAT / GRE / GMAT Score + PI|
|Faculty Development Program (FDP)||Fees: INR 30,680
Eligibility: Teaching Experience in Management of at least 2 years
|ePGD in Advanced Business Analytics (ePGD-ABA)||Duration: 16 months
Fees: INR 10 Lakhs
Eligibility: Graduation + 2 years of Full-time Work Experience
|CAT / GRE / GMAT / GATE + PI|
Click here IIM Ahmedabad Courses & Fees
IIM Ahmedabad Batch Profile 2021
IIM Ahmedabad made new records in terms of Academic Background in the present batch of 2021-22. The number of Arts graduates increased to 5% than the previous year figures. Whereas lesser number of Science and Commerce graduates could grab the seat for the MBA program in IIM Ahmedabad. Out of the total seats, 18% and 1% of students belonged to Commerce and Science background. Keeping up with the trend, Engineering graduates hit 76% of the total occupancy in the program.
IIM Ahmedabad Placements 2021
IIM Ahmedabad Placement 2021 for many reasons was important due to Covid induced economic crisis, go through the important highlights of the season this year. For Details Check IIM Ahmedabad Placement Report
- From the batch of 388 students, 369 accepted offers from domestic firms and 19 received International offers all from South and Middle East Asia.
- The maximum offer made this year was of 55.88 LPA INR for the consulting role.
- The Median Salary was 25 LPA with guaranteed cash component of 22.5 LPA.
- Consulting firms led the rally by making 129 offers with an average 23 LPA CTC followed by BFSI sector firms hiring 61 students at 20 LPA average.
IIM Ahmedabad Scholarships
The institute endeavors to help deserving candidates in pursuing management studies. The following are scholarship schemes are offered at IIMA:
- IIMA Special Need-Based Scholarship: Offered to those students whose family income is below INR 15 Lakhs in the previous financial year. IIMA only approves for scholarship to student once background checks and other related conditions are satisfied.
- SC/ST Scholarships: Students belonging to these categories are awarded INR 150 for 10 months straight, provided they are enrolled in a PG degree at IIMA.
- IIMA Exit Scholarships: A monthly stipend of INR 30,000 is awarded to those students who graduate to become entrepreneurs. While those who join Non-Profit- Organisations are awarded INR 3-4 Lakhs per student per year, for three consecutive years.
Industry Scholarships (need-based):
- Aditya Birla Group Scholarships: 03 meritorious students from PGP I and II years are awarded INR 1.75 Lakhs per annum per student. The selection is purely upon the discretion of member evaluating from Aditya Birla Group.
- OP Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarship: Either one or even two students from PGP second year are selected for this scholarship. The award is of INR 1.5 Lakhs per student for that year. Selection is upon dicretion of the members evaluating.
Other Scholarships facilitated by the IIM Ahmedabad include scholarships awarded by various State governments to students from their states.
Check: IIM Ahmedabad Scholarships
IIM Ahmedabad Faculty
IIM Ahmedabad is center of academic excellence and has hosted top faculties from India for its students. Since inception in 1961 by the renowned scientist Vikram Sarabhai, three RBI Governors have taught here. IIM Ahmedabad has a long practice of inviting guest faculty who are leaders in their respective industry few to be noted from existing pool are Vijay Govindarajan, author of bestselling book “Thinkers50”, Jayanth Verma Member of Monetary Policy of India, Anil Kumar Gupta, a Padma Shree awarded management educationist.
The Faculty: Student ratio of IIM Ahmedabad is 1:5, slightly higher than IIM Bangalore’s ratio of 1:4. As per few media reports IIMs are struggling from shrinking teaching talent pool and the IIMs keep rotating same talent at the senior level and the lower level largely consists of Indians who have earned their Ph.D from the campuses in the US and Europe.
Reviews of IIM Ahmedabad at Collegedunia are very positive and scores 8.9/10 for Faculty rating.
IIM Ahmedabad Alumni & Popular Startups
More than 30,000 candiates has graduated IIM Ahmedabad till date from its establishment in 1962. Some of the Notable Alumni of IIM Ahmedabad are as follows:
- C.K Prahalad: A Padma Shri Awardee, former professor at University of Michigan Ross School of Business and Author of The fortune at the Bottom of Pyramid.
- Srikant Datar – Dean at Haward Business School.
- Raghuram Rajan – Former Governor of Reserve Bank of India, Former Chief Economic Advisor to Government of India.
- Arvind Subramanian – 16th Chief Economic Advisor to Governemnt of India
- Sushil Vachani – Former Director of IIM Bangalore
- Shekhar Chaudhuri – Former Director, IIM Calcutta
- Chetan Bhagat – Author, Columnist and Speaker
- Deep Kalra – Founder of Makemytrip.
Most popular startups of IIM Ahmedabad Alumni are
- MakeMy Trip
- Go Mechanic
IIM Ahmedabad FAQs
Ques. What scholarships are available at IIM Ahmedabad?
Ques. How good is IIM Ahmedabad?
Ques. Is CAT score compulsory for IIM Ahmedabad EPGP?
Ques. What is the highest package at IIM Ahmedabad for placements?
Ans. IIM Ahmedabad has an impressive placement history with top MNCs like BCG, PwC, McKinsey as chief recruiters, the highest international package was INR 1.32 Crores in 2021. The average payoff stays between INR 25-26 LPA every year. For more details check IIM Ahmedabad Placements.
Ques. What are the courses offered by IIM Ahmedabad?
Ans. IIM Ahmedabad offers PGP in Management (now MBA), MBA in Food and Agri-Business Management (MBA-FABM), Armed Forces Program, Faculty Development Program and Executive PGP in Management. Check IIMA Courses.
Ques. Are FDPs of IIM Ahmedabad approved by UGC?
Ans. No, as of now, any authoritative body including UGC has not approved IIM-A’s FDP in pedagogy and research methods.
Ques. What is IIM Ahmedabad famous for?
Ans. IIM Ahmedabad is the top rated institute in India which is well recognized for its one year MBA programme i.e. MBA PGPX, which has been ranked at the global level by several prestigious ranking organizations such as Financial Times, QS Rankings, Outlook, NIRF and many more.