Chandigarh University (CU) is a leading is a not-for-profit university, accredited with the prestigious A+ grade by NAAC. The university has a total student strength of 13,221 with more than 5,500 female students across all departments. There are 16 departments in total offering many specializations in undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses. Admission to these courses is granted on the basis of score in CUCET examinations conducted at the university’s level.
The university has emerged as one of the top universities in terms of placement and is also recognized and acknowledged by various organizations for its high placement record. With more than 750 Multi-Nationals visiting CU Campus in 2020-21, the number of offers touched 7412 and the highest package has registered a growth of 30%, scaling to a new high of INR 36 LPA.
Latest Update: Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal has launched National Level Entrance Cum Scholarship Test, CUCET 2021 on January 22. Chandigarh University is offering academic scholarships worth INR 33 crores to students in more than 135 Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate programs offered by the University; where students can avail merit-based scholarships for remission in academic fees up to 100% on the basis of CUCET-2021 scores. Student can fill the CUCET 2021 online application form and can appear online with the flexibility to choose his or her date and time slot. CUCET 2021 would be conducted in two phases where the first phase would run from December 2020 to May 2021.
Chandigarh University Key Facts
- Chandigarh University has become Youngest and the only private university in India to bag an A+ grade accreditation and also the only state private university of Punjab to be accredited by NAAC.
- Ranked among Asia’s best and fastest-growing universities, CU has coupled the experience of top industry leaders and renowned academicians to foster a global approach.
- Chandigarh University offers a unique and inspirational academic model designed to match the international standards.
- The University has a dynamic academic fraternity drawn from top universities nationally and internationally.
- CU offers the most conducive student-faculty ratio of 14:1, leading to 85 per cent student satisfaction.
- Chandigarh University provides a global perspective to facilitate the students with international learning opportunities, through partnerships with more than 306+ top-ranked universities worldwide.
- CU has state-of-the--art technology integrated into every domain of the university from in-house designed and implemented university information management systems (CUIMS) coupled with the world-renowned Blackboard LMS to high-speed internet access all around the campus.
Chandigarh University Highlights
|Established | Type||2012 | Private|
|Campus Area||200+ Acres|
|Centers of Excellence||30+|
|Hostel||10,000+ Intake Capacity|
Chandigarh University Rankings and Awards
The University enjoys high standing among many national rating services that evaluate the quality of education, infrastructure, research activity and many more. Listed below are some of the recognition that makes CU proud of their excellence.
- Ranked 4th in North India with NAAC A+ accreditation during the first cycle
- Ranked 7th in Private University in India with NAAC A+ accreditation during the first cycle
- Ranked 13th in University in India with NAAC A+ accreditation during the first cycle
- Ranked 51th in Management and 84th in Engineering by NIRF, becoming the youngest university ever to be ranked by NIRF
- The Week - Hansa Research Survey 2021
- Ranked #1 among Best Emerging Multi-disciplinary Universities across India
- Ranked 2nd among Best Private Multi-disciplinary Universities in North India
- Ranked 7th among Best Private Multi-disciplinary Universities across India
- Ranked 11th among Best Multi-disciplinary Universities in North India
- Ranked 36th among Best Multi-disciplinary Universities across India
- Ranked 41st in Top Private Engineering Colleges of India by INDIA TODAY Best Colleges Rankings 2021
- Chandigarh University has received certification with QS I GAUGE E-LEAD (E-Learning Excellence for Academic Digitisation)
- CU has received ‘Diamond’ Rating from QS I-Guage Ratings based on globally recognized QS World Rankings
- Ranked 7th among the top 25 young universities by Outlook Ranking 2019
- Ranked 10th among top 50 private state universities of India by Outlook Ranking 2019
- Ranked 3rd among top private universities of India by India Today Rankings 2017
- National Award for Highest Number of Companies by Limca Book of Records
Chandigarh University Courses
Chandigarh University offers various UG, PG and Doctorate level courses across various streams. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
|BE||Computer Science And Engineering, Civil Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Computer Science and Business Systems, Information Technology, Biotechnology, Automobile Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Graphics & Gaming, Food Technology, Mobile Computing, Internet of Things||10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology with at least 50% mark|
|BE (Hons)||Information Security, Big Data & Analytics, Cloud Computing|
|Computer Science & Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Mechatronics, Petroleum Engineering, Food Technology|
|B.Sc||Biotechnology, Computer Science, Hospitality And Hotel Management, Medical, Animation, VFX and Gaming, Non-Medical, Airline and Airport Management, Medical Laboratory Technology, Economics, Nutrition & Dietetics, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Tourism & Travel Management, Culinary Arts, Resort and Event Management, Restaurant and Catering Management, Maths, Statistics and Computer Science||10+2 or it's equivalent from a recognized board|
|B.Sc (Hons)||Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics|
|B.Sc (Lateral)||Medical Laboratory Technology|
|BA||Film Studies||0+2 with at least 50% marks in any stream|
|BA (Hons)||Liberal Arts|
|B.Arch||Architecture||10+2 examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics OR
10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics and subject to an aptitude test in Architecture
|BBA||Banking And Finance, General, Tourism & Event Management, Forex Management, Insurance & Risk Management, Marketing, Family Business||
10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board
|BBA (Hons)||Business Analytics|
|BJMC||Journalism and Mass Communication|
|MBA||Tourism And Hospitality Management, Strategic HR, Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Human Resource, Marketing, Entrepreneurship||Any Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate|
|MA||Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Mass Communication & Journalism, English, Performing Arts, Economics|
|ME||Computer Science And Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Electronics & Communication, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Environmental Engineering, Constructional Technology and Management, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Remote Sensing and GIS, Automation & Robotics, Mechatronics, Sustainable Development||BE/ B.Tech or relevant Bachelor’s degree with 55%|
|M.Pharm||Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology||Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks|
|M.Sc||Biotechnology, Forensic Science & Toxicology, Industrial Microbiology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Zoology, Medical Lab Technology, Botany, Animation & Multimedia, Statistics||Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate (In case of SC/ST category 45%) with Core subject as a compulsory subject|
|M.Sc (Lateral)||Forensic Science & Toxicology|
|PG Diploma||Yoga||Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks|
|Ph.D||Mass Communication, Computer Applications, English, Computer Science And Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Business Management, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Forensic Science, Education, Tourism Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Law, Electronics And Communications Engineering, Chemical Engineering||Master’s degree in Biotechnology or Pharmacy with 55% marks in aggregate|
Read More: Chandigarh University Courses
Chandigarh University Admission
In order to apply for admission at Chandigarh University, candidates must follow a few simple steps. Firstly, the candidate should log in to the official website of Chandigarh University by generating a user ID and password. Upon logging in, the candidate must fill in the necessary details after choosing their CUCET Phase. Once the details are filled in, the candidate must select their discipline of interest and program. After this, the student’s profile will be created. With the registration complete, the student should receive a confirmation message of registration through email/SMS. Students can then download the prospectus and proceed to pay the course fee online.
Tabulated below is the selection criteria of the courses at the university:
|BE||Chandigarh University CUCET score OR a valid score in JEE Mains|
|B.Sc||10+2 or it's equivalent from a recognized board|
|BA||10+2 with at least 50% marks in any stream|
|BBA||10+2 or its equivalent examination with at least 50% marks from a recognized board|
|MBA||Any Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate|
|ME||Score in CU Common Entrance Test followed by Group Discussion and Presentation or Interview
GATE qualified candidates can also apply
|M.Sc||Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Field|
A valid score in CU-Ph.D. Entrance Test/ GPAT/ UGC/ CSIR-NET + interview. Candidates who are in a regular job for the last five years, minimum 50% marks OR 5.0 CGPA on 10 point scale at PG level is required
Know more: Chandigarh University Admission
Chandigarh University Scholarships
Chandigarh University offers Scholarships to deserving candidates on the basis of various criteria. Following are the scholarships offered:
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) for the Academic Year 2021-22
- Pre-Earned Credit Program Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship Schemes for the Academic Session 2021-22
- Old Student Concession Policy to Promote Higher Education
- Single Girl Child Concession
- Teacher’s Ward Concession
- Sibling Concession
- Concession to Girl Sibling
- Covid Warrior Scheme
- Alumni Scholarship
- Scholarship Scheme for Wards of Defence Personnel for the Academic Year 2021-22
- CU Sports Policy for the Academic Year 2021-22
- Architecture Scholarship on the Basis of Nata/jee (Main) Score
- Scholarship for Family Members of Chandigarh University Staff for Session 2021-22
- Early Bird Scholarship For PG Students for the Academic Year 2021-22
Click Here: Chandigarh University Scholarships
Chandigarh University Placements
Recognized by Limca Book of Records for the highest and best in class placement records, the dedicated Central Placement cell of Chandigarh University ensures 100% placement assistance to the students by providing them the required industrial exposure and training. Fortune 500 Companies and Top 100 Companies visited Chandigarh University to recruit students. The highest offered CTC during the recent placement drive has registered a growth of 30% scaling a new high of INR 36 LPA and the median salary package was INR 5.96 LPA. There were a total of 7412 job offers in total, 691+ MNCs visited CU campus and 150 students received multiple placement offers. Tabulated below are the placement figures from across the various domains:
|Subject||Total Companies||Selected Students||Highest Package (INR)|
|Computer Science and IT||122||2030||36 LPA|
|Mechanical, Mechatronics, Aerospace and Automobile Engineering||115||530||9 LPA|
|Civil Engineering, Petroleum and Chemical||35||178||15 LPA|
|Electrical and Electronics & Communication||37||628||10 LPA|
|Hotel Management||106+||294||18 LPA|
|BBA||200||175 (received multiple offers)||14 LPA|
Microsoft recruited students from Chandigarh University for the third year in a row. Walt Disney also recruited 41 students, making it their highest record in India. More than 60 MNC's have recruited Engineering students from Chandigarh University. About 40+ MNC's that visit the IIT’s and the NIT’s for placements also visit Chandigarh University every year. Apart from that, some of the leading multinationals which regularly recruit CU students to include Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Hewlett Packard, SAP Labs, Hitachi, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Grail Research, TAFE, John Deere, Schindler, Deepak Nitrate, Mindtree, The Taj, Oberoi, Hyatt, Vistara and Jet Airways.
Know More: Chandigarh University Placements
Chandigarh University Alumni
As per 2020, Chandigarh University has a total alumni count of 38,879, many of which are successful professionals. Tabulated below are the statistics depicting how many alumni from Chandigarh University are placed across different sectors in the industry:
|Arts and Design||437|
|Media and Communication||314|
Chandigarh University Facilities
Being one of the fastest-growing universities in India, Chandigarh University strives for excellence in all domains to provide its students with quality education and world-class facilities all around campus. The university provides the students with the best in class campus life in terms of academics, accommodation, and lifestyle:
- Academics: The university has a total of 14 academic blocks across an area of over 100 acres surrounded by greenery and a pollution-free landmass. The academic blocks consist of labs and classrooms that are featured with hi-tech equipment and resources
- Library: Chandigarh University has a Knowledge and Resource Centre that houses a Central Library as well as 14 other libraries across other academic blocks. There are over 120,000 books, 860,000 e-books, and more than 26,000 journals.
- Sports: Chandigarh University promotes all sports activities and participation in competitive sports events. The university has achieved several accolades in sporting events in Rowing, Boxing, Powerlifting, Taekwondo, Rollball and more at national and international levels.
- Food and Dining: All across the campus there are several food courts and places for students to hang-out. The cafes serve a variety of delicacies and cater to students, faculty, and staff. Mess facility is also available in hostels
- Hostel: Separate hostel facilities are available for boys and girls. The hostels provide many amenities to residents such as the Internet, TV, music room, common room, indoor games, and reading room. Both hostels have fully equipped gyms, separate courts for basketball, volleyball and attached mess for dining. There is a dedicated and responsive staff that looks after the hostels for boys and girls.
- Health Care: Chandigarh University has a highly qualified medical team that attends to all medical needs of the students, faculty and staff on campus. The medical team is well equipped and provides an ambulance for emergencies. There is also a pharmacy on campus that offers medicines and other healthcare necessities.
Know More: Chandigarh University Hostel
Chandigarh University FAQs
Ques. Is Chandigarh University good?
Ques. How are the placements at Chandigarh University?
Ques. How is the campus life at Chandigarh University?
Ques. How do I register for Chandigarh University CET (CUCET)?
Ques. What is the selection criteria for Chandigarh University B.Sc (HHA)?
Ques. Can international students pay their fee in cash at Chandigarh University?
Ques. What is the fee structure at Chandigarh University?
Ques. What is the format of CUCET conducted by Chandigarh University?
Ques. Who are the regular recruiters at Chandigarh University?
Amazon, Microsoft, SAP Labs, VMWare, HP, Deloitte, Cognizant, Sapient, Hitachi, Practo Technologies, Flipkart, Gwynniebee India, Zomato.Com, L&T, TAFE, John Deere, Schindler
Ques. Does Chandigarh University have shuttle service from the airport, railway station or bus stand?
Ques. Is there banking facility at Chandigarh University?
Semester fees can be paid online through NEFT, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking. Students can also pay via Cash at PNB/ ICICI through Challan generated at UIMS. Fees should be paid in October/April every year for the respective odd and even semesters.
Ques. What are the wifi and computer lab facilities at Chandigarh University?
Ques. What are the important contact numbers of Chandigarh University?
General Helpline : 1800-200- 0025
Girls Hostel : 8146651563, 7087118102
Boys Hostel : 7087456666, 8146278666
Transport : 8146651560, 8146651659
Shuttle Service : 8146651641, 8146651619
Ques. If documents are not submitted while taking admission to Chandigarh University, will it be considered cancelled?
Ques. What are the facilities provided by Chandigarh University?
Ques. What is the Global Fellowship Program at Chandigarh University?
Candidates must send in their entries by filling an application form with a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and must mention two references.
Ques. How to apply for a scholarship at Chandigarh University?
Students can avail scholarships after they get admission to the university. They can contact the admissions office for more details on the following numbers and email id:
Mobile: +91-99159-99223, +91-99159-99224
Toll Free: 1800 1212 88800
Ques. Is there a study in Music, available at Chandigarh University?
Ques. Can I get direct admission in Chandigarh University for Law?
Ques. What is the migration fee of Chandigarh University?