Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, Vellore is ranked 15th in the NIRF ranking of Engineering Institutions in 2020. VIT has stellar placement stats that have been recorded in the Limca book of records for the highest number of recruitments through placements done from a single institution by IT sector companies for 7 years. The highest salary package is offered at INR 44 LPA. The university offers Graduate, Postgraduate, and Research programs in Engineering, Management, Sciences, Architecture, Agriculture, Law, and Social Sciences. Admission is done on the basis of merit and entrance test. Check: VIT Vellore Admission 2021
Why VIT Vellore?
- The university is recognized as an Institution of Eminence by the Govt of India and No. of 1 private university for innovation as recognized by ARIIA, Govt of India.
- VIT Vellore is ranked among the top 3% of world universities by the QS Global World Ranking. The university is also ranked among the top 301-400 universities in the world for Computer Science, by The Times Higher Education World Ranking.
- The university has achieved a place in the Limca Book of Records for the 8th time for its placement records. VIT Vellore placements offer the highest CTC up to INR 41 LPA with 1306+ regular offers and 7000+ overall offers.
- VIT Vellore has 190+ Foreign Adjunct Professors and 300+ International Partners.
VIT Vellore Ranking and Awards
VIT Vellore has stacked many accolades to its credit. A few are noted below:
- First University in India to get QS 4 Star Rating and QS 5 Star Rating for Teaching, Employability, Facilities, Innovation, and Inclusiveness.
- Top 801-1000 in World Ranking and 228 in Asia Ranking for QS World and Asia University Ranking in 2020.
- Ranked in 801-900 in Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2020.
- No 16 in the University category and No 28 in the overall category in NIRF 2020.
- Awarded No. 1 Private Institution for Innovation (ARIIA 2019) by Govt of India.
VIT Vellore Courses
VIT offers a wide range of courses from graduate to research level. Tabulated below are detail for the same:
|Courses||Selection & Eligibility Criteria||Fees (1st year)|
|B.Tech||10+2 examination in PCM/B with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + Valid Score in VITEEE||INR 1,98,000|
|M.Tech||BE/ B.Tech or Bachelor’s degree in the related discipline or M.Sc in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + Valid Score in VITMEE/ GATE||INR 1,83,000|
|M.Tech (Integrated)||10+2 (PCM) with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks||INR 98,000|
|BCA||10+2 with Mathematics as the main subject with at least 70% marks in aggregate||INR 57,000|
|MCA||Students must have passed B.Sc (IT/CS) or BCA with Mathematics at 10+2 or Graduation level with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + Valid Score in VITMEE||IRN 1,40,000|
|B.Arch||10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject and with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + valid score in NATA||INR 2,88,000|
|B.Des||10+2 with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + Valid Score in VITEEE/ UCEED||INR 1,76,000|
|M.Des||B.Des in the relevant discipline + Valid Score in CEED||INR 1,79,000|
|BBA||10+2 with Mathematics/ Accountancy or Commerce as one of the main subjects with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks||INR 57,000|
|MBA||Passed in graduation at least of three-year duration with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + Valid score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ NMAT or CMAT||INR 3,51,000|
|B.Com||10+2 with Mathematics/ Accountancy or Commerce as one of the main subjects with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks||INR 57,000|
|B.Sc||10+2 OR Diploma with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks||INR 99,000|
|10+2 OR Diploma|
|10+2 with 60% marks in PCMB/ PCM/ PCB or Agriculture|
|M.Sc||B.Sc in Biological Science that includes Botany / Zoology, Microbiology / Biochemistry/ Biotechnology / Nutrition or Home Science / Agricultural Science / Medicine with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks||INR 82,000|
|B.Sc. degree Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Applied Science with Physics or Mathematics OR B. Pharm along with Biology/ Botany/Zoology as ancillary subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|B.Sc with Physics or Applied Sciences with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|M.Sc (Integrated)||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Zoology or Botany with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks||INR 77,000|
|M.Tech by Research||Master’s degree in Engineering or M.Sc OR MCA (Mathematics & Physics) with at least 60% marks in aggregate OR AMIE (Part A and Part B) + Valid Score in VITMEE||NA|
|PhD||Master’s degree in a relevant Science discipline with 60% marks + Valid Score in VITREE||INR 43,000|
|Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks + Valid Score in VITREE|
|Master’s in Law or LL.M with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks + Valid Score in VITREE|
|ME/ M.Tech or MBA with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks + Valid Score in VITREE|
Check: VIT Vellore Fees
VIT Vellore Selection Criteria
The candidates are selected on the basis of the following entrance examinations. The shortlisted candidates will be called for counseling/ interview/ group discussion depending on the course.
VIT Vellore Placements
The placement cell at VIT Vellore creates internships and job opportunities for students. The cell has categorized the job placements as super dream offers (above INR 10 LPA CTC), and dream offers (above INR 5.5 LPA CTC). In 2021, the highest salary package of INR 44 LPA was offered by Microsoft. The average salary package offered to PG was INR 6,39,564 LPA, for UG it was INR 6,07,010 LPA, and students of B.Tech got INR 6,07,757 LPA. Below are further details of 2021 placement:
|PAT STAT AS ON 04.01.2021||2020-2021||PG||UG|
|No. of Super Dream Offers||657||8||649|
|No. of Super Dream Internship Offers||257||151||106|
|No. of Dream Offers||1450||126||1324|
|No. of Dream Internship offers||447||361||86|
|No. of Regular offers||1778||438||1340|
|No. of Regular Internship offers||38||36||2|
|Over All Offers||7701||1549||6152|
VIT University Vellore Scholarship Details 2021
VIT University Vellore offers various scholarships for different courses. Students can check the course-wise scholarship criteria as tabulated below:
|B.Tech||Toppers of each State & Central board||100% relaxation in tuition fee|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% relaxation in tuition fee|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% relaxation in tuition fee|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% relaxation in tuition fee|
|M.Tech||Top GATE scorers||INR 4000 on a monthly basis|
|Top GATE/ VITMEE Scorers||INR 2.40 lakhs for a double degree in Communication Engineering from UAS, Darmstadt, Germany (under DADD fellowship)|
|Top 20 GATE/ VITMEE Scorers||INR 12,400 per month along with a contingency of INR 15000 per annum for M.Tech (Nanotechnology) from DST (Nano Mission Council of India).|
VIT Vellore Facilities
VIT Vellore is a state-of-the-art campus with a sprawling green area. You can avail of the following facilities:
- Auditorium: Multiple auditoriums and conference halls complete with A/c and Wifi for holding seminars, events, etc.
- Sports: VIT has a number of centers for physical education and sports activities that help the students maintain fitness and develop a competitive spirit.
- Smart Classrooms: The wide spacious classrooms contain a whiteboard and a projector that is used for teaching.
- Other facilities include Canteen, Hostel, Transport, etc.
- Clubs: The university facilities various clubs for the students to explore in domains as per their interests. The clubs are themed in technical, artistic, research, public speaking, etc.
Check: VIT Vellore Hostel
Vellore Institute of Technology Notable Alumni
- Shubhangi Swaroop, First Female Pilot of Indian Navy
- Anand Prakash (Forbes 30 under 30), CEO/Founder App secure.
- Papias Malimba Musafiri, Rwandan academic, researcher and politician, who has served as the Minister of Education in the Rwandan cabinet
- Namo Kaul, Director, Unacademy Brands & Famous Physics Tutor
- Sathish Rajamani, CEO, Four Clover Technology Solutions
- Giri KK, Global Delivery Head, L&T Technology Services Ltd.
- Ram Ramachandran, Senior VP & Head, Middle East & Africa, Tech Mahindra
- Ritish Reddy, Head of Product Marketing, Knolskape
- Aashish Chandra, Chief Digital Officer, TCS
- Arindam Sen, Partner EY
VIT Vellore FAQs
Ques. What original documents are required at the time of admission to VIT Vellore?
Ans. Candidates must submit the following documents at the time of admission to VIT Vellore:
- Mark statements of all attempts of qualifying examination
- Transfer Certificate / School leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
- Student Profile
- Affidavit by the Student
- Affidavit by the Parent
- Hostel Affidavit
- Certificate of Physical Fitness
- Undertaking form
- 2 recent passport size color photos
Ques. Does VIT Vellore offer admissions through Management Quota?
Ans. No. Admissions to the B.Tech.program is purely based on the merit rank obtained in the VITEEE and for other Undergraduate programs, it is based on the merit performance of XII/ Higher Secondary Boards.
Ques. Can I get VIT Vellore result through SMS?
Ans. Yes. VIT Vellore also informs the students about their VITEEE rank through SMS on the registered number. The university also advises students not to rely on SMS only. The students are advised to check the official website of the VIT University consistently.Check: VIT Vellore Result
Ques. Does VIT Vellore announce Cutoff?
Ans. VIT does not officially announce the cutoff for VITEEE 2021. It is available as a closing rank to give an idea about the individual’s admission chances. The cutoff is different as per program and campus. Those candidates who score from 118 and above marks will achieve 1-250 rank range, 400-250 will achieve 500-250 will achieve 500-250 rank range. Those with less than 31 marks will have rank 20,000 or below it.Check: VIT Vellore Cutoff
Ques. Does VIT Vellore offer an Integrated M.Sc program?
Ans. Yes. The university offers an Integrated M.Sc program in the specializations of:
- Computational Statistics and Data Analytics
Ques. What is the total fee of the B.Tech program at VIT Vellore?
Ans. The total fees of the B.Tech program at VIT Vellore is INR 7,83,000 to be paid in 4 semester.